MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

Dolly Snow

AS came today. I didn't really have much time to play with it.  It's far to dark to bronze my face up, But it'll be a beautiful blush. It kinda reminds me of a more pink and muted version of my beloved LM ritual bronzer. I'm starting to eye SS. it does look really beautiful.
:) that's exactly what I wanted to hear about AS!

hopefulheart

I just had a totally random thought about this collection.  I think it's interesting how everything has an ocean themed name except for Delphic and Aphrodite's Shell (I know that one kind of does too but it's different enough), I'm wondering if maybe this collection originally started off as a Greek goddess theme (which I would LOVE) and then they took it in the water direction.  I know the shell name probably comes from the Birth of Venus but the oracles of Delphi have nothing to do with water.  Just a thought!  lol
I would love a Greek goddess/god theme makeup collection! I'm obsessed with Greek mythology. I love watching movies about it.

Uptownbackinit

smiles.gif
that's exactly what I wanted to hear about AS!
Girl you will love it! I can't wait for you to get it.

Dolly Snow

I need Seduced at Sea blush and then my drawer is almost full.   Hi.  My name is smooch3s and I'm a MAC addict. It's almost ridiculous how much I have.  Yet I still buy more.  SMH
Suppose it's my eyes lol but I don't see that many blushes! Looks very minimal :haha:

AutumnMoon

I just had a totally random thought about this collection.  I think it's interesting how everything has an ocean themed name except for Delphic and Aphrodite's Shell (I know that one kind of does too but it's different enough), I'm wondering if maybe this collection originally started off as a Greek goddess theme (which I would LOVE) and then they took it in the water direction.  I know the shell name probably comes from the Birth of Venus but the oracles of Delphi have nothing to do with water.  Just a thought!  lol
My mac girl told me that the collection was supposed to be a tribute to an actress from the early 1900's (that's a funny thing to type) . I can't remember her name now (of course) but she worn makeup like this. I'll try to remember to ask next time I go. But you're right; it seems like it was a goddess collection.

smooch3s

Suppose it's my eyes lol but I don't see that many blushes! Looks very minimal
girlhaha.gif
That's what I say every time I add a new one! The crazy part is that I still have boxes of makeup to unpack that has my backups and even some purchases still in bags. I moved last month and I'm trying to find room for everything! I think I'm going to start selling off some of my backups. I can never use them up even if i tried.

Jaymuhlee

I'm scared to do it, but I may have to order my remaining pieces through macys.com. After my Mangrove arrived smooshed, loose, and in a bubble mailer, I almost don't want to bother but I'm so worried about not being able to get everything I want in store! My Macy's CC also provides some incentive...?

Whitneyallison

I hate my UPS guy, but my grandma's is so awesome. If it's raining he will put her packages in the backseat of her car so they don't get ruined because there is no other shelter around. That might sound creepy, but he is super nice and has been delivering to her for years.
This just reminded me that yesterday my nordstorm package arrived absolutely soaked and had 2 mac lippies in them (and a red velvet sara happ lip scrub) but it had been raining all day but it came to my door soaked when I grabbed it after the guy left... WAS NOT HAPPY.
... back to catching up

AutumnMoon

Alright Mandy! Lol saw your video and I have to say those three lipsticks are beautiful on you! Also you looked quite gorgeous aswell. I really enjoyed PMP on you. It was mauvey rose on you and I thought it looked very retro! Yes the 90's can be retro lol. I liked the laying with PMP on top of the other two. I think PMP is still on my list. 
Retro nothing. I still think it's still 1995 or 1997 lololololol