MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

luvlydee

Thank you Naynadine the Specktra Detective and all of you who contributed with info. I think this might be the first time I'm going to buy an ED eyeshadow and Im thinking it will be Lorelei and MAYBE legendary Lure depending on the swatch of that. I will only get one lipstick and its between Enchanted One or Goddess of the Sea. Theres a 5th lipstick that i didnt catch the name but that looks too pale for me anyways. As for the bronzers (not the ED skinfinishes. Imma skip on those) I will grab the darker one as long as it has enough yellow in it. (If not ill grab whichever has the better name just for packaging. Muahaha) The eye brush i will consider if it is full sized and the bag actually looks nice. The material reminds me of Ostrich skin bags ive seen when I went down to Texas years ago.

SandyCervix

So giddy seeing these pics! Thank you everyone for your efforts... Im excited for deets on the EDSF and compacts....

I was hoping for something new and similar to the golden elixr Strobe Liquid...that was the only thing I picked up from TR last year....I regret not getting Ripe for Love.

Not sure if anyone knows but is it possible that the 5th shade of lipstick is also Peachstock to go with the gloss??? I dont yet have that one, so I would be happy to get it in this packaging...

SandyCervix

The eye brush i will consider if it is full sized and the bag actually looks nice. The material reminds me of Ostrich skin bags ive seen when I went down to Texas years ago.
Yes its a first for me too! Im def planning on Lorelei and maybe also Fathom's deep..

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So giddy seeing these pics! Thank you everyone for your efforts... Im excited for deets on the EDSF and compacts....

I was hoping for something new and similar to the golden elixr Strobe Liquid...that was the only thing I picked up from TR last year....I regret not getting Ripe for Love.

Not sure if anyone knows but is it possible that the 5th shade of lipstick is also Peachstock to go with the gloss??? I dont yet have that one, so I would be happy to get it in this packaging...
Since Peachstock is a satin and this lipstick is supposed to be matte, I don't think so. But we don't have the official info yet, so who knows.

MakeupForMommy

OMG! i dont know how i am going to juggle April collections and This one.i may have to get only one lippie from playland and try to not get backups from Proenzato splurge on this collection.

As of right now my list is:
sea me, hear MB
seduced at sea MB

Peachstock LG

Enchanted one Ls
Goddes of the sea LS
mystical LS

and
Lorelei EDES

If there are EDSF coming out i will be getting one of each. lol i dont have to see those first. EDSF are always so pretty.
thanks all for the information! im so excited!

AniBEE

I spy Bronzers. ;) Here's hoping there will be Nude on Board!!!

Definitely getting one of the EDSF because I missed the last split pan shades. If they are repromotes I want to get Definitely Defined!

EDSE's
Lorlei (more peach tone, I like it. ;) )
Silver Sun (silver seafoam green *_* )
Sea Worship (kahki gold ? )

Maybes
Mystical LS
Seduce the Sea EDB

I get the feeling just the 5 items are going to cost $120-$140 CAN for me. lol

MACBarbie18

So far my list is Seduced at Sea ED Blush, Water Deities Lipglass, hopefully a bronzer and an EDSF, maybe Goddess of the Sea lipstick depending on the finish.. oh, and I'm kind of loving the brushes/make-up bag too! :macwallet:

emberdarling

To all the people who say they don't want to buy EDES, can I ask why? I have never heard of EDs until this collection (I am a new MAC fan) so I was curious as to why.

lipstickaddict

To be honest, most of the ED blushes look the same to me.

So pretty!
I agree! They are very pretty, but look quite similar to ones already released (and ones I already have haha!). That said, I do love my ED blush and will definitely give these a closer look! Thank you for all of your amazing detective work Naynadine! You are awesome!
yahoo.gif

lipstickaddict

To all the people who say they don't want to buy EDES, can I ask why? I have never heard of EDs until this collection (I am a new MAC fan) so I was curious as to why.
People have different preferences for eyeshadow formulas, and the price is also more expensive for these little ones. In the past, Mac released them in a larger size at a similar price point so that has been an issue with recent releases.

Personally, I really like this formula. It is very soft and buttery and quite a unique hybrid formula in my opinion. I have a ton of eyeshadow and really do not need any more, so for me, it really will come down to the shade and whether it is unique enough to warrant the purchase. None of these are calling my name so far--but that may change--haha!

Hope that helps!

QueenofSpades81

It has nothing to do with the quality of the shadows as they are very nice. But this is like the 4th or 5th ED collection, so for me they all start to look the same. If you are new to MAC and are able to go check them out when this collection comes out then you should absolutely pick some up, because you won't be sorry you did.

Ajigglin

That's the sad thing- I agree with all you wrote and only bought a bronzer(ever) from Mac to the Beach because I loved the design. The colors leave me flat and are probably low on the pigment spectrum which is a big turn off for me. This real question is- do I cave now or wait patiently until Specktrettes grow regretful and are looking to unload their impulse buys. I'm a cosmetic vulture, keeping the ecosystem healthy!
Lmao! The greatest post ever.

emberdarling

It has nothing to do with the quality of the shadows as they are very nice. But this is like the 4th or 5th ED collection, so for me they all start to look the same. If you are new to MAC and are able to go check them out when this collection comes out then you should absolutely pick some up, because you won't be sorry you did.
Ahh okay. Thanks so much! I definitely will look into it more now

Latest posts