MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

baghdad81

I think I am gonna back up all 4 lipsticks and also spring for some ES. RE, and DD are definitely there? Who thinks I should get EB?

duckrodeo

Sweet! I was thisclose to leaving the house for some errands and decided to check the MAC site before I left and BAM! The items were up. I got my Flamingo + BUs and one each of Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot. I really don't think I'll wear either of the latter two enough to warrant a back-up but I LOVE Flamingo. It looks like a cooled down version of MLBB and I love me some bold colors on my eyelids, so Flamingo will work perfectlyyy.

OctoberViolet

YIPPEEE!!!! I just placed my order.
yahoo.gif
All four lippies and I am quite excited about it. I've wanted them since we've first heard of the lipsticks way back in 2011 (wink..lol). Happy hauling everyone!!!!
mac_addict.gif

shontay07108

So, that went differently than I expected. Of course, I was procrastinating on reading reviews and studying swatches so I had to do that quickly just now. I decided to pass on Early Bird shadow. It was compared to Free to Be, which I hate with a passion, in terms of texture. I also passed on the reddish-orange nail polish. I want something that's definitely coral. Not crazy about anything remotely red on my hands. It just doesn't flatter me, IMO. What I did get is Scarlet Ibis and Robin' Egg. I like that Robin's Egg is a matte and I'm hoping it will be teal on me and not blue. I think it'll be teal b/c both Jealousy Wakes and Surf USA come out teal on me. I chose overnight shipping b/c I want my stuff NOW.

shontay07108

MAC-Guy, does EB have better payoff than Free to Be? Thoughts?
Meh, I hate to double post but: Temptalia said it's similar to FtB in texture. It's dry and has to be packed on to the lids, yet still has good color payoff. Ok. Yeah, I pass on that. I also passed on Flamingo b/c it kinda reminds me of Ever Hip which was an epic disaster on me and it also reminds me of a less awesome Coquette by Chanel.

missah

Arggh,.
I'm really hoping my friend got my message:(
If I miss out on these lipsticks...
I'm gonna cry :(

baghdad81

Meh, I hate to double post but: Temptalia said it's similar to FtB in texture. It's dry and has to be packed on to the lids, yet still has good color payoff. Ok. Yeah, I pass on that. I also passed on Flamingo b/c it kinda reminds me of Ever Hip which was an epic disaster on me and it also reminds me of a less awesome Coquette by Chanel.

UGH...FtB is all kinds of sad. It's just....hm...i can't talk about it...I hated it with a vengeance and threw it in the garbage in a fit of anger. I kinda regret it and the moola spent on it! Anyhooo thanks shontay money saved!
2cents.gif

Mac-Guy

MAC-Guy, does EB have better payoff than Free to Be? Thoughts?

I'd say it's a tad softer than FtB, but it's still a matte formula. Personally, I don't have any issues with mattes. You just need to realize that a matte formula is more dry than a VP shade, but a good base will solve this issue. I hope this helps.

kimbunney

I want like all the lipsticks, but I refuse to do that to myself so I'm just gonna wait and think this over a couple more days before I order. I really want Scarlet Ibis and Flamingo tho. Party Parrot is creeping on as well.

elegant-one

^LOL!!! I'm being serious though! Taking a nap and missing out on some products that you really want makes you have to wait until the release day to get them quickly! And Elegant you are making me laugh now!

Ohmygosh...reading those comments really made me laugh....die hards
girlhaha.gif

Got 2 Flamingos
lol.gif
...that sounds funny & Scarlet Ibis

xasperadastra

today the collection has launched here! I got:
Flamingo: I need to do more coats to make it show up on me... and it becomes a lovely coral ^^
Party parrot is a crazy bright medium coral pink with a touch of red

and I caved!! I got Scarlet Ibis... it's not the orangy red I was looking for (I didn't find Chanel's Coromandel ), but orange suits me, it's the new trend of the year... so, why not??

the texture is really great!! buttery, soft yuppy! I love matte lipstick because they last a looooot ^^

bambiraptor

I got a Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon. I'm going to check out Flamingo this weekend (If my sister in law has her baby on schedule, lol) so we'll see if i get it then. I realized I forgot to grab a lip liner right after I confirmed the order. ugh!

Richelle83

I want like all the lipsticks, but I refuse to do that to myself so I'm just gonna wait and think this over a couple more days before I order. I really want Scarlet Ibis and Flamingo tho. Party Parrot is creeping on as well.
Honestly not sure if they will be available in a couple of days, but you never know!

kimbunney

Probably not, but MAC website always seems to re-stock later. Besides I want to see more swatches on people of darker skintones before I decide as well!
Honestly not sure if they will be available in a couple of days, but you never know!

Latest posts