MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

OctoberViolet

What a great read! Tx Jenntoz!!! She is one amazing woman. I hadn't heard of her before this collaberation with MAC...shame on me. She is just so full of life and experience. What a beautiful soul. I hope her collection does well and maybe she will do another if this is a success. My heart is all warm and fuzzy inside.
heart.gif

I looked back & didn't see this posted at all,but its a great interview with Iris Aphel (yes she discusses makeup & her MAC collaberation ) Its a great read if you have a few minutes
http://intothegloss.com/2012/01/iris-apfel/

Dreaming Dancer

I looked back & didn't see this posted at all,but its a great interview with Iris Aphel (yes she discusses makeup & her MAC collaberation ) Its a great read if you have a few minutes

Loved that article. Thanks for sharing!

lyseD

For anyone who still wants the lipsticks they are still on the canadian site, I could do CPs for you and the warehouse is literally on my way home from school so packages should arrive within like 2 days.

PM me if interested I want to help you out if you really wanted something and missed out!

Please tell me about this "warehouse." I'm in Ontario too and I like the idea of a MAC warehouse near by! Especially if I can go there.

ahoythere

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!! Super helpful, and Party Parrot is looking EXACTLY how I hoped it would!
pompom.gif

I posted these on the swatch thread, but here they are on here too. I'm wearing Pink Pigeon right now and it's really nice. Not as loud as CYY. Not sure about Scarlet Ibis just yet, I haven't tried it on. I have nothing like it, it is quite orangey, but not bad. We'll see how it looks on me. Oh actually, I have Neon Orange, but forgot to compare to that. Anyway, here are the swatches.

Left to right: Scarlet Ibis, Pink Pigeon, Party Parrot

Left to right: Guerlain Gardner Rouge G (ignore, not at all like SI), SI, Show Orchid, Pink Pigeon, Candy Yum Yum, Party Parrot, Impassionate (closest to PParrot)

Top row: Girl About Town, Bottom rows: Full Fuchsia, Rare Exotic (very bottom) RE and FF are closest to Pink Pigeon

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the comparison, Anitacska! They all look fabulous! You found some good dupes! Impassioned and Party Parrot look almost same on your skin.You saved me a BU!
bouquet.gif

MichaelaLou, Pink Pigeon looks amazing on you!
heart.gif

I cannot wait to see the collection tomorrow!
th_happy1.gif

Sappheiros

pink pigeon sold out AND not coming to Spain MAC pro store. I went through their inventory and NOTHING not even silver gull :(

Oh no, these are bad news
ssad.gif

Now I'm worried...cause the same thing happened with the G&I collection in greece, that is so unfair!!!

Sappheiros

Thanks a lot Anitacska!!! I'm quite sure I want pink pigeon and party parrot, love them already!!!
heart.gif

I posted these on the swatch thread, but here they are on here too. I'm wearing Pink Pigeon right now and it's really nice. Not as loud as CYY. Not sure about Scarlet Ibis just yet, I haven't tried it on. I have nothing like it, it is quite orangey, but not bad. We'll see how it looks on me. Oh actually, I have Neon Orange, but forgot to compare to that. Anyway, here are the swatches.

Left to right: Scarlet Ibis, Pink Pigeon, Party Parrot

Left to right: Guerlain Gardner Rouge G (ignore, not at all like SI), SI, Show Orchid, Pink Pigeon, Candy Yum Yum, Party Parrot, Impassionate (closest to PParrot)

Top row: Girl About Town, Bottom rows: Full Fuchsia, Rare Exotic (very bottom) RE and FF are closest to Pink Pigeon

elegant-one

Ok, thanks to the lovely swatches - I just ordered Party Parrot
th_DANCE.gif
hmmm...that name kinda fits me
greengrin.gif

My orders will be here tomorrow! WOOT!

Anneri

I'm so very annoyed right now - the collection launched here today, but only online and in stores. So I called my usual store and asked the SA who answered the phone to put two of the lippies on hold for me and she flatly refused. I buy there all the time and put things on hold without any problems so far, but obviously she was new. *headdesk*
The soonest I can go to the store myself is Friday - and was my luck, Scarlet Ibis and Party Parrot are sold out by then!

ladyarwen

Well shit. There was a flight delay with my shipment, and it won't get here until tomorrow when I'm already gone for the weekend. *sigh* Oh well...at least I have plenty of other options to take with me.

peachsuns

Very good read. She's an amazing woman. I'm glad that MAC did a collaboration with her.
Thank you so much for sharing, jenntoz!

LMD84

I'm so very annoyed right now - the collection launched here today, but only online and in stores. So I called my usual store and asked the SA who answered the phone to put two of the lippies on hold for me and she flatly refused. I buy there all the time and put things on hold without any problems so far, but obviously she was new. *headdesk*
The soonest I can go to the store myself is Friday - and was my luck, Scarlet Ibis and Party Parrot are sold out by then!
man that sucks :( sorry she refused you :( i hope you still manage to get your goodies. those lippies are selling fast but if you need me to see if i can get them for you let me know ok :)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Oh no, that sucks :( Hope you can still get the lippies. I have to rely on the website, can't believe the collection still isn't online. I'd really like to get Flamingo
ssad.gif

shontay07108

Ok, I've played and here's what I think: From this collection I bough Scarlet Ibis lipstick and Robin's Egg shadow. That's it. My first impression of Robin's Egg is that it's a beautiful teal that I can really see myself using. As much as I loved Surf USA, I haven't used it much since the Summer. I like that this shade is matte and it seems a bit brighter than Surf. I was worried RE would be similar to Mufe #72, but it's a bit lighter. That's good enough for me. It's smooth in texture and pigmented. It didn't take much to get the color on my finger and I was able to build it by patting it on the back of my hand. Mattes, after all, do need to be patted on. I don't anticipate any problems with this when I actually use it on my eye. Very happy with this. Scarlet Ibis is beautiful. It's a hot red. That's the best way to describe it. Orange-red if you will. I think it's the perfect mix of both. I didn't actually want another red lipstick, but this is different enough for me to not roll my eyes at my large stash of red lipsticks. I will say that exfoliating is a must, as usual with mattes and thank goodness for my Prep and Prime b/c it made the application easy. I think until I have a bit more confidence I will put a shiny clear gloss on top, sparingly. Eventually, I will wear it alone. Oh and it didn't feel uncomfortable or dry at all on my lips. Not to go on about the Prep and Prime, but it really works. Even if you don't buy that, buy some kind of legit lip primer for your lipstick. Hell, I even find myself using it for gloss. I used to try and be cheap and use a wee bit of vaseline. :lol: It doesn't hold anything. It actually breaks the product down. So, there ya go. I am done with this collection because an obnoxiously bright pink lipstick is not for me. :) I took pictures. If they came out decent enough I will post.