MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

OctoberViolet

I just got home from work. Late, I know. I was soooo excited to see my black box in front of my door.
cheerleader.gif

I haven't tried any of the lippies since I am quite exhausted and have things to do before bed (as I type this on my favorite site before I even freshen up, feed the furry babies and eat dinner).
I must say, from just looking at the lippies. I'm in LOVE! Flamingo is exactly what I had hoped for. Kind of light with a touch of color. Perfect for everyday. Scarlet Ibis looks very orangey-red just what I had wanted, Pink Pigeon looks a little bolder than what I imagined, but I will hold off judgment until I actually try it on and Party Parrot does resemble a fruit punch color to me. I can't wait to play around with these lippies.
Goodnight fellow MAC addicts. For those of you who have received your haul, enjoy them!!!

peachsuns

so got my lippies today, and PixieDancer, you were right about PP..that sucka is one bright mutha! lol. Its such a pretty color though, I patted some Rose Pigment over it and it looked good..also tried it with just a darker lip liner that was pretty also, seems so bright i dont want to wear a gloss over it unless maybe something sheer and corally? i dunno its very pretty though cant wait to see some combos with it..

also Flamingo...*sigh* I knew this was going to be a winner I am so glad i got it when I did!!!!! It reminded me right away of one of my absolute fave LEs Utterly Frivolous(also a lustre) from Fafi so I swatched them together and sure enoug they are pretty close, Flamingo is just a little lighter and brighter and UF is a bit deeper..I think thats what drew me to Flamingo though this is going to be an awesome color to wear with purples, pinks, greens, blues..I cant wait!!!
Good to know. Thanks! I have Utterly Frivolous, too.
heart.gif

queen_kitty

I had resisted Ever Hip twice in the past, and I'm very happy because I love Flamingo! I worried that Ever Hip would be a bit too bold on my lips, and cremesheens and me don't work well together. The lustre finish has always been my favorite so Flamingo is perfect! Not "natural" per say, but it molds to my lips perfectly and it's just so pretty! <3

cocolicouss

yes and I had to place my order from a store out side of the state and I was not able to use the pro discount ..that was a whole production and hard to track down and this seems to be the same :( and mac customer service was no help

HoneyMilk

I see no pink in flamingo on me... Just coral. I'm kind of glad since it doesn't look like anything else in my stash. Maybe daylight will show some of the pink in it?

peachsuns

I totally forgot that this collection was online and MAC stores only. After a brief visit at Macy's and Bloomingdales, I drove to a nearby MAC store. I was like "hurry, hurry, hurry!" LOL

I got Flamingo and Party Parrot (this will come in mail next week). On my skin, Flamingo looked brighter and touch pinker than Ever Hip. It's so funny that I expected them to look so much alike, but they didn't. I love Ever Hip, and I'm sure I'll love Flamingo. I was not planning to get Flamingo initially, but glad I listened to the people here. Thank you, guys!

I skipped Scarlet Ibis since color wise, it looked SO close to Hibiscus. I know one is matte and one is cremesheen, but I have more than one Hibiscus, so I didn't pick up Scarlet Ibis. Party Parrot and Impassioned looked identical on me. I won't worry about getting BU of this. LOL

Happy hauling, everyone!
cheerleader.gif

duckrodeo

I managed to stop in at my local MAC store right after I got off work this evening. I had about 20 minutes to play around before they closed.

They sold out of all the Iris lippies (except for Morange) right around opening, and they really didn't get many in. The MUA said they were getting calls for several days before launch requesting holds for the lipsticks, too.

I asked if they would receive the lipsticks again at a later time and the MUA said they would not, and that the collection is only supposed to be on display until February 6, so that may very well explain why quantities seem to be limited.

I ended up just hauling Sweet Sunrise l/s and Fresh Air l/g from Naturally. I'm so glad I swatched it in person because after fearing it would be too light, I find that it's a gorgeous nude shade for my lips! I usually stick with Naked Bliss, but I think I have a new favorite :)

I'm anticipating my Iris box to arrive as early as tomorrow and as late as Monday. UPS says it should be here Monday, but I swear I always get it earlier than that! I also find it strange that for the past two orders I've placed from MAC online, they have not sent me a shipment e-mail. I checked my junkmail folder, too and nothin. I had to find out that the box shipped by signing into my MAC account. Weird.

Copperhead

I too should have been at the store first thing this morning. I went this afternoon and the only lipsticks that were left were Morange and Scarlet Ibis. The MA said people bumrushed them as soon as the doors opened this morning. I didn't think the heffas in my city would be on this collection so fast but they were. When Vintage Grape Blush Ombre was released I went to get mine early for fear that it would sell out. Go today to check out Iris Apfel and Naturally and they still have Vintage Grape on the counter. Uggh.

aradhana

Inglot has a light coral liner (#71, the regular pen) that I've been using with light corals. I don't have my Falmingo yet (maybe next Monday/Tuesday), so can't say 100%.

thanks! i will check it out. i'm receiving my flamingo tomorow as well...can't wait!

aradhana

i have the same problem but with cyy...it's mega neon on me...and does kinda make me look certifiably mad...but i'm hoping pp will be a little different...or maybe i'll adjust the other makeup to make it work somehow...

duckrodeo

Dahhhh. So my store was sold out of Too Chic and I was like "Well, no problem I'll go online"...the website is OOS too :-/ I have Too Faced Candlelight illuminator which is a close runner-up, albeit Too Chic is more finely milled. Too Chic is also cheaper - $23 for MAC .35oz vs. $27 for TF .32oz - so there's a smidge more product in Too Chic.

cody

For those of you that have been getting mixed information about whether or not you're allowed to B2M for these and other LE lipsticks in regular packaging, one thing I've seen people do before is explicitly ask in a live chat on the MAC website (and they almost always say yes for regular packaging ones) then print out the transcript and take it in store with you as proof. Then there's no issues!

I did get all four lipsticks from this collection (and already own Morange) but haven't worn them yet. I can't decide which one to wear first! They're all so gorgeous. I phoned the two stores in my city literally the minute they opened today and had everything put on hold. I'm thinking I'll plan a look tomorrow around Scarlet Ibis.

singer82

OOOooo loving all the reviews thanks everyone! Makes me excited for my Flamingo and PP! The new matte formula sounds divine. I hope they put out some more wearable colors in the future with the same formula.

afulton

What's sad is that the policy may vary from store to store. Yesterday, I overheard a MAC employee tell a customer that she had to wait a week in order to B2M for a newly released product. Huh??? She would not allow the customer to B2M for an item in the Iris Adfel collection.

I was able to B2M for a lipstick from the Iris Adfel collection but it was at another store. I really wanted to add my two cents into the conversation but I didn't.

For those of you that have been getting mixed information about whether or not you're allowed to B2M for these and other LE lipsticks in regular packaging, one thing I've seen people do before is explicitly ask in a live chat on the MAC website (and they almost always say yes for regular packaging ones) then print out the transcript and take it in store with you as proof. Then there's no issues!

I did get all four lipsticks from this collection (and already own Morange) but haven't worn them yet. I can't decide which one to wear first! They're all so gorgeous. I phoned the two stores in my city literally the minute they opened today and had everything put on hold. I'm thinking I'll plan a look tomorrow around Scarlet Ibis.

tokidokibaybee

i must say that I love Mac's Flamingo its sheer but a buildable milky coral pink color! I'm not sure if I should get more BU's tomorrow
eyelove.gif