MAC and Shu Uemura questions.

pinkhandgrenade

So I got a job as a MAC freelancer, and as of right now my first day is on the 23rd. I know this is uber petty, but I wear acrylic nails and I was wondering if my nailcolor HAD to be MAC. I know a lot of companies prefer that you use their nail products, but don't actually require it.

Also, I noticed that Shu Uemura is owned by LOreal. And The Body Shop is also owned by LOreal. So I recently learned that my resignation paperwork says that I am non-rehireable (ironic, because I was a REALLLY good employee!). And I had plans on working for Shu after a few years. How si this going to affect me?

Thanks!

calbear

yes it is supposed to be MAC nailpolish.

on a side note - you need to find out why they said you weren't rehireable and if possible dispute it. I almost had to deal with that mess over something as minor as not making goal in my last week of employment (even though i was 47%over for the year) and I damn near had to pitch a hissy fit since i knew that allowed someone who had started a fight with another employee and used a racist word to describe another on the freelance/rehireable list. They do adhere to those things and if one says you are not rehireable they will not care what the reason is and less there is some good reason to override it. Save yourself the drama - and fix that mess now if you can.

amoona

I noticed you're in SF. If you plan on freelancing in the SF region then yes you need to have MAC nail polish on, unless you have french tips. The managers/trainers in the SF region have no shame calling you out if you don't have on a MAC nail laquer.

I have acrylics too so I either get french or when I actually remember to bring my nail polish with me then I bring a MAC nail laquer. Sometimes you can also find a lot of "close enough" type colors at the salon too so it works haha.

Latest posts