MAC-azine??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaChinita

I was at my local mall last weekend and in my search for postcards I looked underneath the shelf close to the cashier where they usually have the face charts. No postcards
ssad.gif
, but I saw a MAC-azine!!! Never heard of one before, but it looked pretty and looked like it had some good stuff in it!!! It was the only one there, so excited as I was, I took it!!! When I got to my car I flipped through it and I noticed a barcode which also indicates a price of $4.50. WTH??? Was this supposed to be for sale? This was an old MACazine, apparently, dated April 2007. It was also kinda worn.

The content seemed to be meant for MUAs so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to have taken it.

Anybody else seen these MACazines? Are these for sale or just for anyone to take like postcards?

No way I'm returning this one though. I'm evil! Kinda makes up for their lack of postcards. LOL
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Omg you're so evil!!! I bet the girls and boys at that counter are going crazy looking for it!!

I'm not sure what it is you're talking about though. Is it like an update book or something, describing all the new collections? Or is it literally called "MAC-azine" ??

miss_emc

MACzine is usually an update that we get weekly at counter which contains all sorts of information about which stores are in the top 5 and how the counters are doing YTD (year to date), it also contains some other info on the business side of things but it's never really been a glossy magazine, and its never had a price on it. Weird?

LaChinita

Hmm...this one wasn't glossy like a magazine-magazine, but it is in color. This was actually a quarterly one, so maybe that's why it's in color? So I guess this is only for MAs and not customers? If I see one again, I don't know if I'm going to have the strength to resist it!!!

I've included some pics of the front and a page inside the MACazine for you guys who want to see!!
smiles.gif

lethaldesign

Those pictures are interesting... TWISTE pigment??? Can anyone who works for MAC tell us what this is all about?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
Those pictures are interesting... TWISTE pigment??? Can anyone who works for MAC tell us what this is all about?

it is a typo. it is supposed to be "twisted pigment". it was one of the spring '07 trends. major color on one area of the face, toned down in the others - extreme eye, soft cheek & lip. extreme lip, soft eye & cheek.

LaChinita

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
it is a typo. it is supposed to be "twisted pigment". it was one of the spring '07 trends. major color on one area of the face, toned down in the others - extreme eye, soft cheek & lip. extreme lip, soft eye & cheek.

I was wondering about that too. Thanks for clarifying. This MACazine had so many typos seriously.

Heres another another page with more facecharts.
smiles.gif

calbear

Someone right now is frantically searching for that since most counters only get one copy.

jenii

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
Someone right now is frantically searching for that since most counters only get one copy.

Oh, wow, that sucks! I'd feel so bad. O_O

User49

Yeah lol, this is for the staff! It has loads of info in it that the public probably don't get to see! I can't believe u snatched it ! Sneaky!

LaChinita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plink!
Wow-I'm all about MAC-aholics but now we've turned to theft?

Sad.

Theft? No. Honest mistake? Yes. As I've said, I was looking for postcards that day, so I was looking for printed material, obviously. Most people, some even MAs themselves haven't even heard of a MACazine and neither have I. How was I supposed to know it was not meant to be taken or that it was meant for MAs only? When I took it, I thought it was there for people to take because it was out where the facecharts are. You would think that if this is for staff they'd have it somewhere behind the counter or in the drawer or something where only MAs have access.

Janice

You've had a chance to digest it and make scans of the images, how about returning it to the counter now? If you're uncomfortable with taking it in yourself you can mail it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts