MAC - Baby Blooms Discussion

stv578

So I went today to pick up a full tube of the tm. I made sure to bring my two samples with me, because I still couldn't accept the fact that medium-dark was the right shade for me. But i had two samples, one labelled medium, and the other medium dark. The MA today got the tubes out and we compared them with my samples, and sure enough, I actually had light and medium in the little sample pots. So i have been using medium all along, which makes a whole lot more sense to me and I didn't make my way home with a full tube of medium-dark!!!
lol.gif

So I ended up getting that, unbasic white (as mentioned in the LTL thread) and also pink tinge lip tint. I know it won't do a thing on my lips if worn on its own, but I actually found it to be a good product to use to sheer out lipsticks, since it's a balm but has a bit of tackiness like a gloss! The lipglasses dry out my lips a little, even with balm on underneath. But ya, colourwise, these almost showed up as nothing even on my hand. I actually used EZ baby tendertone today alone, and even though it's a really pale shade, it still provided some colour on my fairly pigmented lips. Strange they couldn't replicate that with these balms.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I almost did...but there was no color at all
ssad.gif
Even a little & I would've kept it.
And, I think it's really weird that it had a fair amount of color on my hand, but none on my lips
th_dunno.gif

And you know what is really amusing?! I did a live chat to find out what products were used on the lips for the Baby Blooms promo pick. You know, the one with that gorgeous and very pigmented blue-y pink lippie? The answer.... pink tinge, on its very own.
lol.gif
So my response was, "um, what was used underneath? She wrote back "pink tinge is the only product listed for this look, but you could use Subculture l/l underneath to recreate it". Um no, not even close.

GlamQueen21

^So that was Pink Tinge on the promo pic by itself? I thought it was something else because I saw the blue hue on the model's lips.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
So I went today to pick up a full tube of the tm. I made sure to bring my two samples with me, because I still couldn't accept the fact that medium-dark was the right shade for me. But i had two samples, one labelled medium, and the other medium dark. The MA today got the tubes out and we compared them with my samples, and sure enough, I actually had light and medium in the little sample pots. So i have been using medium all along, which makes a whole lot more sense to me and I didn't make my way home with a full tube of medium-dark!!!
lol.gif

So I ended up getting that, unbasic white (as mentioned in the LTL thread) and also pink tinge lip tint. I know it won't do a thing on my lips if worn on its own, but I actually found it to be a good product to use to sheer out lipsticks, since it's a balm but has a bit of tackiness like a gloss! The lipglasses dry out my lips a little, even with balm on underneath. But ya, colourwise, these almost showed up as nothing even on my hand. I actually used EZ baby tendertone today alone, and even though it's a really pale shade, it still provided some colour on my fairly pigmented lips. Strange they couldn't replicate that with these balms.

I hate when the MAs make mistakes in labeling, but now it makes much more sense.

Sheering out lipstick? I'm going to try it! Do you use it on the bottom or on the top?

Meryl

Quote:
And you know what is really amusing?! I did a live chat to find out what products were used on the lips for the Baby Blooms promo pick. You know, the one with that gorgeous and very pigmented blue-y pink lippie? The answer.... pink tinge, on its very own.
lol.gif
So my response was, "um, what was used underneath? She wrote back "pink tinge is the only product listed for this look, but you could use Subculture l/l underneath to recreate it". Um no, not even close.

I guess I'll keep playing with my Pink Tinge, maybe I can get it to do something...

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
I know! I also got Pink Tinge and it looks the exact same as Full Of Grace on my lips... meaning it looks like nothing.

They looked so pretty on my hand though.

True! Yeah, they looked gorgeous on the hand - go figure! I thought some color would've shown up
th_dunno.gif
Pink Tinge was so pretty too - boo

elegant-one

Quote:
lol.gif

NO WAY!
shockt.gif
Well if thats the case, then that model has the most gorgeous natural base lips
th_wink3.gif
riiiiiight
greengrin.gif

I thought the lip balms were almost too thick.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
Sheering out lipstick? I'm going to try it! Do you use it on the bottom or on the top?

Over the lipstick. It sheers it out and adds a bit of shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
^So that was Pink Tinge on the promo pic by itself? I thought it was something else because I saw the blue hue on the model's lips.

Oh, i think there's definitely something else on her! Maybe it's just my monitor, but it looks more like Speed dial with a shimmery gloss on top.

AudreyNicole

Makes me sad to say that I returned Pink Tinge. I am so disappointed. That was the first MAC product that I returned in a LONG time.
ssad.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Makes me sad to say that I returned Pink Tinge. I am so disappointed. That was the first MAC product that I returned in a LONG time.
ssad.gif

Oh Audrey, I was too
nope.gif
Its the one product that I was really really looking forward to. Pink Tinge was so so pretty too - it really is a darn shame. What on earth was MAC thinking - did they not test them out first...geesh
th_confused_new.gif
I don't get it.

MzzRach

Is anyone with sensitive, acne-prone skin using the new Studio Moisture Tint? I am so tempted by this, but all MAC foundations to date break me out something awful.

My go-to tinted moisturizer is Laura Mercier, but would love to switch to this if the colour is right and it does not make my skin explode. The LM tinted moisturizer is fabulous but pretty spendy.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Is anyone with sensitive, acne-prone skin using the new Studio Moisture Tint? I am so tempted by this, but all MAC foundations to date break me out something awful.

My go-to tinted moisturizer is Laura Mercier, but would love to switch to this if the colour is right and it does not make my skin explode. The LM tinted moisturizer is fabulous but pretty spendy.

They swear this one will not break the skin out. I'm like you - they have all caused my skin to break out - this one has not. The MA told me that she also tested it out on her skin & it did not break it out.

You should just get a sample if you can to test it out. It is fabulous.

TISH1124

Quote:

I have sensitive skin...But neither of the darker colors worked for me...My MA tried both and they both were just not workable....But they felt so nice

MUALindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoshopaholicxo
SlvrGrndM99- Please let us know how you like the TM. I'm debating on getting it or not & would like to hear more reviews:]

From my own experience - I'm loving the TM.
yes.gif

I use my normal Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel; the TM, with my fingers, doubling up on my cheeks, to get rid of my redness from rosacea; a little concealer, if needed; then my MSF/N in Medium with my 182.

A very easy, light, routine and no break-outs.
I find as long as I wash my face before bed (as one should) any of my MAC foundations don't break me out or give me little red bumpies.

Yep, a keeper, for sure!
thmbup.gif

vegas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Oh Audrey, I was too
nope.gif
Its the one product that I was really really looking forward to. Pink Tinge was so so pretty too - it really is a darn shame. What on earth was MAC thinking - did they not test them out first...geesh
th_confused_new.gif
I don't get it.

th_wink3.gif
I got Pink Tinge, Lilt of Lily and Moist Plum, knowing they would be sheer like the lip jellies, and I did get some color (but I'm fair skinned), plus they are SO MOISTURIZING which is needed in this heat or in the winter dryness - and they smooth out lip lines (some of us older women need this). Also, they are great OVER a lipstick to lighten it out and add some shine/gloss. *Even great over Smashbox O-Gloss & those new See thru lip stains!

Winthrop44

Quote:

I'm not acne-prone but I do have rosacea with uber sensitive skin and there are very few things - moisturizers or foundations (Erine
winks.gif
) - that do NOT break me out and/or cause my skin to flush, burn, itch like crazy, etc.. I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised that I have no problems whatsoever with Studio Moisture Tint! I'm really liking it alot. At least try a sample as elegant-one suggested.

BaDKiTTy69

Hmmm... should i get it now or wait until next spring, so i will have a fresh tube for the next summer?!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I'm not acne-prone but I do have rosacea with uber sensitive skin and there are very few things - moisturizers or foundations (Erine
winks.gif
) - that do NOT break me out and/or cause my skin to flush, burn, itch like crazy, etc.. I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised that I have no problems whatsoever with Studio Moisture Tint! I'm really liking it alot. At least try a sample as elegant-one suggested.

th_roll1.gif

heart.gif