MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

duckrodeo

LW sold out so quick on the MAC site, I got a backorder notice. Which is good news in that they're receiving more stock. No update on it shipping (yet), but it's been about 8 days since I placed the order, so fingers crossed!

MRV

Loving the texture of Eclair! Mac, make other shades in this formula, not glitter bombs!

martiangurll

Is Mooncake really shimmery/sparkly/glittery on your skin? I was thinking about it yesterday. I don't want it to be frosty.
It really isn't metallic or frosty but it has a LOT of tiny glitter. AND, it does migrate a little. Not like the ninja glitters of doom from an Urban Decay eyeshadow, but there is a bit of fall out.

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by Corally
Hahaha
lmao.gif

Truly! That was a vivid visual. LMAO

duckrodeo

I got my backordered LWs cancelled from MAC online. The e-mail said they didn't have another restock to fulfill the order. Ah well! I have Budding Love and Pink Popcorn and from what I've seen, the "new" LW was in the same family as those two. No hard feelings, MAC
bouquet.gif

Seven Of Nine

I got my backordered LWs cancelled from MAC online. The e-mail said they didn't have another restock to fulfill the order. Ah well! I have Budding Love and Pink Popcorn and from what I've seen, the "new" LW was in the same family as those two. No hard feelings, MAC
bouquet.gif
I have Budding Love and Pink Popcorn too, and I say, that LW in the lips is not the same as those two, She looks different..

Richelle83

bouquet.gif
bangin.gif
ugh MAC! Has anyone ever received a backorder notice and eventually get the item?

Yeah BL & PP are definitely in the same family, cousins of sorts! At some point I'm sure it will show up at a decent price or at a CCO.

MACerette

bouquet.gif
Well said. I sold mine. Cute colour, but not that special and it made my teeth look like the last time I brushed them was about ten years ago. I know my teeth aren't super white, but they are definately not yellow. Only when I wear colours like LW, Pink Popcorn, Girl Next Door. Those are total fails for me.

Oh well, more love for the brights...

Genn

Well said. I sold mine. Cute colour, but not that special and it made my teeth look like the last time I brushed them was about ten years ago. I know my teeth aren't super white, but they are definately not yellow. Only when I wear colours like LW, Pink Popcorn, Girl Next Door. Those are total fails for me.

These are the colors that work for me. Every time I try to go outside my box its always way too bright for me to be comfortable with it.

MACerette

These are the colors that work for me. Every time I try to go outside my box its always way too bright for me to be comfortable with it.
Well ok then. I'll let you have my share of these colours if you let me have your share of brights
drinkup.gif

duckrodeo

I love brights more than pastels any day! So there was a reason I skipped the initial launch of this collection. I just don't reach for them very often. So LW is one less lipstick in my hardly-worn pastel arsenal lol. Or I end up having to mix a gloss or wear a different liner with the lipstick to "make it work".

MACerette

:bangin:  ugh MAC! Has anyone ever received a backorder notice and eventually get the item? Yeah BL
I'm not too upset over it :) it was just an impulse when the restock came about. At least I got Raspberry Swirl, and I wanted that color over LW anyhow! Sometimes the pastel purples can wash me out! 
Well said. I sold mine. Cute colour, but not that special and it made my teeth look like the last time I brushed them was about ten years ago. I know my teeth aren't super white, but they are definately not yellow. Only when I wear colours like LW, Pink Popcorn, Girl Next Door. Those are total fails for me. Oh well, more love for the brights...
I love brights more than pastels any day! So there was a reason I skipped the initial launch of this collection. I just don't reach for them very often. So LW is one less lipstick in my hardly-worn pastel arsenal lol. Or I end up having to mix a gloss or wear a different liner with the lipstick to "make it work". 
Raspberry Swirl is actually doable to my surprise. Not nearly as flattering as Pink Pigeon, Silly or other warmer pink brights, but I am not ditching it yet. I can wear it if I feel like it and it doesn't make a monstrous yellowness of my teeth like LW, Pink Popcorn and GND do. I am glad my LW went to a loving home. It would have ended in the bin / B2M if I had kept it I guess... 1 down, 2 to go...

lilinah

Through the kind offices of a Specktrette, i was able to get a Lavender Whip.

But i was disappointed at how very pink it is, much pinker than any of the photos i saw. For me it's wearable and I'm keeping it, but i wanted something bluer. So i've been mixing it with either Lime Crime Chinchilla or D'Lilac to make it bluer. I'm not a huge fan of the nearly matte finish of most Lime Crime lipsticks, although i like many of their colors. So the creaminess of Lavender Whip works well with the two aforementioned lippies.

Hmmm, maybe i'll mix Lavender Whip with Grey Friday or Firm Form and see how that turns out...