MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

martiangurll

Me too! That's why I love Jo Malone! I don't know what it is that makes them different from other fragrances (maybe the way they are made? I read they distill the scents differently...) but I've never had a problem with them. It's so nice to go to the Jo Malone counter at Nordy's and actually be able to smell and even try (something I NEVER do!) different scents! I highly recommend you check them out!
I love her fragrance too and just saw the collection in the In Style magazine that came this week. The Lemon Tart one is going to be hard to resist and should combo well with the goodies coming out in Baking Beauties. I think its going to be like a sugar rush getting these pretty make ups and maybe some JM fragrance as well.

I can't wait to see how the PM look. Unlike the Vera powders, I have a feeling these will FLY off the shelves. Hopefully not, maybe we can keep the goodness to ourselves here on Specktra--keep it on the DL peeps!

kimibos

I used to have a big perfume collection but I had to give nearly all them away due to getting nauseous.
But JM has a lot of colognes that work for me.
I can also use fresh ones very well.I always call them "fresh laundry fragrances"!
And there are also some sweet ones that I can use.Especially if they are paired with fruits and/or spices. If you get the chance, try some JO colognes.Maybe they work for you too
smiles.gif
im going to go to the counter and ask for some fresh laundy ones then.
thmbup.gif

cr8zy4MAC

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE ARE YOU ABLE TO SEE THE SWATCHES FOR THE BAKING BEAUTIES COLLECTION??????? I WOULD LOVE TO START MAKING MY WISH LIST, BUT I NEED TO SEE SOME SWATCHES. PLEASE HELP! THANKS

cr8zy4MAC

Sorry, I don't mean to come across as yelling. I have read peoples' posts saying that they are going to get this and that. I am just wondering how they are making their list, I assumed that they acutaully saw the swatches. As far as what I think it will look like, I imagine beautiful soft colors in saitn-to-sparkle finishes, good pigmentation and blends liike a dream! I keep thinknig of beautful birthday cakes and pretty Easter Eggs. What do you think it will be?

LivestrongH2

Sorry, I don't mean to come across as yelling. I have read peoples' posts saying that they are going to get this and that. I am just wondering how they are making their list, I assumed that they acutaully saw the swatches. As far as what I think it will look like, I imagine beautiful soft colors in saitn-to-sparkle finishes, good pigmentation and blends liike a dream! I keep thinknig of beautful birthday cakes and pretty Easter Eggs. What do you think it will be?
The color story in on page 1 of this thread and that is probably how most people are basing their lists for now. Lavender whip lipstick is a repromote, so you can google swatches of that. I didn't think your question was "yelling" just because it was all caps. Lol that's just silly. I can't wait to see swatches and photos!

BunnyHeffner

What do you think it will be?
I think people are just basing their choices off the color story. (MAC Guy updated the first post of this thread to include it)

Some of the things are repromotes (Lavender Whip and Let's Skate, for example) so people already know what those look like, or they are permanemt items (like the Lustre Drops)

A lot of the things are new but I can tell that I want them just by the descriptions. For example, both Pearlmattes are coming to live at my house.
yes.gif

I'll wait to make choices about a lot of items (especially the lip sticks) until I see swatches, but my mind is made up for sure about those two bad boys!

Copperhead

The color story in on page 1 of this thread and that is probably how most people are basing their lists for now. Lavender whip lipstick is a repromote, so you can google swatches of that. I didn't think your question was "yelling" just because it was all caps. Lol that's just silly. I can't wait to see swatches and photos!
As silly as it may be, that is what people think when they see all caps on internet forums. I have no idea where it even came from but I hear it/read it a lot.
shrugs.gif

cr8zy4MAC

I just want to say "thank you" to those who didn't get bent out of shape about the caps. I guess I didn't know there was a handbook I should have read before making a post. This is really taking fun out of this whole process.

cr8zy4MAC

Thanks for your support over this whole caps thing. Sometimes I think people take themselves way too seriously!

BTW, I also plan on getting those lovely pearlmattes. They sound so pretty. I can't resist.
heart.gif

lilinah

I tried on some Jo Malone fragrances in Bloomingdales a year or two ago. They had hardly any sillage and the scent faded away in about 15 or 20 minutes. I was rather disappointed.

I guess i'll try again. I don't like perfumes that are too fruity or have obvious musk or vanilla - nicely blended into the scent is ok, but i really dislike it when vanilla or musk are too dominant. But the "Ginger Biscuit" sounds worth a try.

lilinah

I was on what preceded the Internet-as-we-know-it back in the early 1980s. All caps was deemed YELLING back then, and discouraged.

Also, sometimes people hit the caps lock key and typed a whole message in all caps without paying any attention. Studies have been done and it is fact that it is much harder to read extended text in ALL CAPS than in a normal combination of UPPER and lower case. It's also easier to read in a normal combination of upper and lower case than all lower case. The changes help the eye see where sentences or thoughts begin and end.

Two reasons not to send messages in all caps. The occasional use of all caps for EMPHASIS was ok then, and is still ok in my opinion.

xelamazing

I tried on some Jo Malone fragrances in Bloomingdales a year or two ago. They had hardly any sillage and the scent faded away in about 15 or 20 minutes. I was rather disappointed.

I guess i'll try again. I don't like perfumes that are too fruity or have obvious musk or vanilla - nicely blended into the scent is ok, but i really dislike it when vanilla or musk are too dominant. But the "Ginger Biscuit" sounds worth a try.
You might check out Jo Malone's Intense line. All the ones I've tried have lasted quite a long time on me. I also find that Blackberry & Bay lasts ages (I can still smell it the next day), as well as Red Roses and Pomegranate Noir. A lot of the floral scents seem to disappear pretty quickly, though, unless I use them as a hair perfume. The scent sticks around a lot longer that way, for some reason.

lilinah

Thanks for your support over this whole caps thing. Sometimes I think people take themselves way too seriously!
It is not a question of "taking the fun out of it" or "taking things too seriously".

First, it is physiologically difficult for the human eye to read extended messages in all caps. A word or two in all caps is not a problem. This has been scientifically tested and proven.

Additionally, sending messages in all caps has been considered bad netiquette (etiquette on the 'net) since at least the late 1970s and early 1980s, back before that was an Internet-as-we-know-it, back where there was DARPANET (Defense Advance Research Projects Agency Network) and ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network) and small electronic bulletin boards run out of people's homes on old, slow, computers with limited memory.

This was back when the only people on the electronic networks were in the government, in defense and computer oriented corporations, in university computer science departments, and computer nerds and geeks who often built their own computers. I remember those days, when there were no guis (gooeys = graphical user interfaces) which nearly all of us use today.

Finally, just as there are expectations of appropriate behavior when we are face to face with each other, there are also expectations of appropriate behavior in electronic communications. There are whole webpages devoted to netiquette. If you do a search on Google or your preferred search engine, you will find them. There might be some useful info in them.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The fact that typing in all caps is deemed as yelling is still a bit funny to me, probably because I didn't grow up with the internet and wasn't really online until, believe it or not, 2009. So I made the same mistake of posting in all caps on another site, I just thought it would save time since I can't type fast.
amuse.gif
Didn't even cross my mind that there coiuld be something wrong with that.

iATEaSEAmonster

I didn't mean to seem rude. I just thought it important that you know. I was worried that the all-caps would anger someone along the line. I apologize that you didn't know IM etiquette, but it's no reason to dislike others who take it the wrong way. :)

cr8zy4MAC

I didn't mean to seem rude. I just thought it important that you know. I was worried that the all-caps would anger someone along the line. I apologize that you didn't know IM etiquette, but it's no reason to dislike others who take it the wrong way. :)
I appreciate the fact that you didn't intend for it to seem rude. I also appreciate the fact of you taking the time to reply back to me regarding this whole thing.

I do have to say, that I think this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. And I do also want to say that I have never had such a bad experience with a posting....ever. After a few hours of back and forth comments, I feel like I am back at work with a huge group of women. It can get very catty.

I truly do love makeup, but I don't feel like getting into it with any of you. I am sure we all must have better things to do.

Good bye.