MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

singer82

Keep going back and forth on In For a Treat. The main reason I wanted it was because of the green leaves. I was wearing Peony Petal From TS and it looked so splotchy. I think it was because I have redness in my cheeks. Does the leaves even make a difference? Liba help! Lol. Sorry for bugging you. I just consider you my makeup guru :) Hey mac-guy! Good to see you! :hello:

bluelitzer

I'll try that one out, thanks for the tip!
I've been very tempted by those, but I'd really rather not buy anything from Lime Crime.
Same. I don't support business practice like their's.

Anyway I am sadly skipping the Pearlmattes. I correctly suspected Pink Buttercream will be similar enough to Unconventional on my skintone and for In for a Treat, well I still am going through Mary Lou Manizer and a few other highlighters that I got buried somewhere in my drawer. Getting some brushes from the permanent line instead and maybe one eyeshadow refill for my PRO palette duo. Just LW.

I thought I'd be overbudget for April but it's turning out to be fine!

pocketmouse

I'll try that one out, thanks for the tip!
I've been very tempted by those, but I'd really rather not buy anything from Lime Crime.
I know I've mentioned it on here before, but the Portland Black Lipstick Company has a lavender lipstick 'The Purple Cloud' that I've been lemming after, you might want to check it out! I haven't tried it yet but I'm definitely going to once I make my way to a shop that carries them- I've read that it's close to D'Lilac but without the pink undertones (I also try to avoid buying from Lime Crime).
http://powderdoom.tumblr.com/post/32954072628/months-ago-i-received-samples-from-portland-black There's a photo of it here :)

luvlydee

Sadly, this happens far too often. It's the main reason why I do not provide (early) swatches anymore and/or reviews of products.
yup. and i do miss your early swatches (maybe you can water mark it?? lol) but it does get annoying.

MACina

Finally RS
pompom.gif

Looks super pretty
eyelove.gif

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-pink-buttercream-pearlmatte-face-powder-review-photos-swatches#more-58790

liba

Hey mac-guy! Good to see you!
th_hello2.gif
It was quite skin evening for me - I've got more freckles than lots of redness on my cheeks, though. I get my redness closer to my nose and I'm not sure I'd want it over there, because of the sheen. It was definitely good for a quick fix face smoothing - the green does what it needs to do, but it's not going to take the place of using a color corrector or foundation. It's most just a really nice tinted face powder with a great finish and long lasting.

'Hope that helps. As for Peony Petal - I only use that one on the apples of my cheeks, since it's so bright. 'Works better for me when I have a tan….

magali

I'm loving raspberry swirl! So that's gonna be a def buy, now just gotta see how I feel about the pearlmattes when I see them in person

Babylard

I have that one I love it!! I'm still getting this new LW anyways even tho I was disappointed at first but recovered because I remember that I have a few already lol like airborne unicorn up the amp and nicki 2
I really like it too! I don't own up the amp and nicki 2, but I've been wanting to B2M for up the amp for a very long time. lol

Ana A

It sucks that Mac changed LW :(...I have nothing to compare it to though and I hate skippers remorse so that's all I've be getting, since Im not a fan the stuff I've seen so far... When are you ladies starting to stalk?

Miss Dynamite

I really like it too! I don't own up the amp and nicki 2, but I've been wanting to B2M for up the amp for a very long time. lol
Not at all...I understand, because pretty colors are really hard to resist. I'm thinking of trying the new Lavender Whip with a blue liner since I'm really interested in getting Hi Def Cyan anyway.

duckrodeo

So far I've skipped ED, I may skip this collection as well. Lavender Whip not being the same is a huge disappointment, and not sure if I want to stalk the site for just one lipstick that doesn't seem overly unique (Raspberry Swirl)

Oceanic Lily

HI!
If any of you EXCEEDINGLY-INDUSTRIOUS-CYBER-DEXTEROUS-GALVINIZING-GUMSHOES
urock.gif
race the rest of us to the front lines of what appears will be a full scale Mac store assault
w00t.gif
-can somebody please post comparative swatches of Lavender Whip 2013 vs Nicki 2 vs Budding Love vs Lime Crimes' Unicorn?
Like some of you have expressed, i suspect the Great MuckyMucks at Mac have tried to expand Lavender Whip's fan base by popularizing it further with more pink than with the original. i think they are responding the the initial hue & cry over the original reaction of it having been too restrictive a color for the greater panoramic population -more user friendly if you will.

Nevertheless, I am always on the lookout for a sumptuous lilac-y pink in a cremesheen bullet!

Much Appreciation from Vancouver!

MACJunkie85

I hope I can get the lippies! I'm not up for stalking the site this week. I'm getting married Friday so that is my focus! :)