MAC - Balloonacy - April 2007

Janice

Re: MAC - Balloonacy - April 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
The highlight powder looks gorgeous! Is it more like BPs or MSFs? Also, is the shimmer an overspray or does it go through the powder? Thanks!

Looking at this image of hers I would assume it's just an overspray.

Brumbjorn

LOTS of Balloonacy swatches - pigments, lips, powders, quad

Here you go folks.

For the recoed, I am about an NW20 skintone, but there is some debate if I should be an NC instead. Still working out that.

Eyeshadow: Flash, no flash
macbalqswf.jpg

macbalqswnf.jpg

The colors are Cloudbound (F) Up at Dawn (VP) Violet Trance (M) and Pandamonium (L). Violet Trance is VERY chalky feeling and I was having trouble getting it to stick. Granted, There is no base on it...

Pigment comparisons - flash, no flash:
macbalpigswf.jpg

macbalpigswnf.jpg

Top: Pinked Mauve
Middle, l to r: Kitchmas (new formula), Helium, Lovely Lily
Bottom: Violet

Helium has more of an rosy purple duochrome look to it (I cant explain it better, sorry). It is that flaky consistency of the Kitchmas pigment and was really hard to swatch without a base. Getting it to stick was tricky. I bet if I combined kitchmas and Lovely Lily, I could get a close match to Helium.

macbalpigsw2f.jpg

macbalpigsw2nf.jpg

L to R:Lovely Lily, Vis-a-Violet, Violet

there is a real red/pink overtone that does not come out in the pics for V-a-V. It is the finer consistency powder and went on easy - I like this one MUCH better than Helium for that very fact.

Lips stuff:
macballipswf.jpg

macballipswnf.jpg

Going across:Full Blown
On top of that l-r:Out for Fun, Perky, Pink Meringue

Powders:
macbalpowdswf.jpg

macbalpowdnf.jpg

Mellow rave, Hullballoo

Ugh. You can't see the Hullabaloo on my skin AT ALL. This would be good for an all over glow or a light highlighter. NOT dark enough for a blush IMHO. Mellow Rave looks awful on my skintone.

Since people were asking about the finish on the powders, you can see where I swatched them:

macbalpowdtestf.jpg

macbalpowdtestnf.jpg

Hope this helps all!

eowyn797

NW15 skin, first outdoor in natural light no flash, then indoor no flash.

the pictures aren't as clear as i would have liked them, but:

on the QUAD: Knight Devine & Purple Shower are completely indistinguishable from their corresponding colors in the quad on my skin. Cloudbound...i dunno wtf crack they're on because i saw no pink, only yellow. Up At Dawn is very very nice tho. I wish it came seperately.

on the LIPSTICKS: Sandy B & Festivity are spot on matches on my skin. Could not find a good perm dupe for Up Note or Fun Fun tho.

on the PIGMENTS: Vis-A-Violet looks warmer from this angle, but they look almost the exact same on my skin. Helium is, if possible, chunkier than Kitchmas, which is probably why it's so hard to get a pictures of - it wouldn't stick to me!

baloonacy-natural.jpg

baloonacy-indoor.jpg

styrch

Vin Goth on my nails (sorry about the mess). No, I don't think it's worth it. Kind of messy, doesn't dry well, and is gritty.
639749.jpeg

Hope I got that image up here correctly...

eco

here are swatches of the Pandamonium Quad, and I also swatched "lavender sky" from culturebloom as a comparison. I used "shell" CCB as a base under all swatches. As reference, I have nw 15-20 skin.

Left-right:
Lavender Sky, Up at Dawn, Cloudbound, Violet Trance, Pandamonium.

First photo is no flash, second is with flash. clickable thumbnails!

MAC is love

So far I have only purchased Viz-a-Violet pigment, but I plan on getting some more items (I love this collection!!) So here are some swatches I put together for you lovely ladies. (and gents) I am an NC 25 - NC 30
smiles.gif

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

I wish my camera had picked up the color a bit more in this picture, but it was quite a difference in color when I put my Urban Decay Primer Potion on my hand before placing the pigment over it:

pigment.png

Top does not have UDPP, bottom does:

IMG_0880.jpg

BlahWah

Sorry it's such a mess, I didn't expect to do so many more swatches when I got home! I've tried to clearly list which swatch is which, but if you're unsure please pm me (to keep the thread tidy!) and I'll try to be clearer in the post.

Balloonacyall.JPG

** The only swatch unlabelled here is Purple X, which is between Leap and Cloudbound.

BalloonacyViz-a-Violet.JPG

Clockwise from top left ending in middle:
Up At Dawn, Leap, Quietly, Helium, Viz-A-Violet

Not shown: Mancatcher, Satellite Dreams, Purple-X

**Leap is warmer than Up At Dawn, Mancatcher warmer than both.

BalloonacyVioletTrance.JPG

top: Jeweltone (Technacolour)
bottom: Violet Trance

BalloonacyMintedOlive.JPG

l-r: New Weed f/l, Mint & Olive softsparkle, Goldenair softsparkle

Balloonacylippies.JPG

Clockwise from far left: Politely Pink, Up Note, 15 Minutes, Festivity, Charm Factor

BalloonacyCloudbound.JPG

Clockwise from top: Cloudbound*, Nylon, White Wheat

*picture doesn't capture duochrome of Cloudbound, which seems to be cool-white/white-gold. Almost like White Wheat but more contrasting. See babylis12's swatch (above) for the duochrome. Cloudbound is also creamier than White Wheat.

BalloonacyPandamonium.JPG

Pandamonium e/s

miztgral

On Asian skin ~NC20 (studio fix C2)

balloonacy_swatch.jpg

balloonacy_swatch2.jpg

Comparison of Up at Dawn with Quietly pigment and Sugarlily (4 Beau quad)
lilacs.jpg