MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

shontay07108

[quote name="MzzRach" url="/forum/thread/174878/mac-blogger-collection-2011/60#post_2114518"] I'm so pleased that Karla is on the list. She rocks!

But really, there should be a MAC Specktra special edition collection. Right?
sigh.gif
Oh, the possibilities!

Maybe one day......
heart.gif

[/quote] Ha! That would be too awesome for the universe. I think it'd be full of corals and purple. Count me in for the coral. :eyelove:

romi79_2008

gorgeous gold, stars & rockets,vex, club, vellum.... some mistake the glitter in them for duochrome, check this http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/62036/duochrome-eyeshadows-pigments especially Erine input

BeckyBenett

gorgeous gold, stars & rockets,vex, club, vellum.... some mistake the glitter in them for duochrome, check this http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/62036/duochrome-eyeshadows-pigments especially Erine input

woah! thanks so much!! shall buy some of these soon..

LMD84

I'm so pleased that Karla is on the list. She rocks!

But really, there should be a MAC Specktra special edition collection. Right?
sigh.gif
Oh, the possibilities!

Maybe one day......
heart.gif
oh and entiure specktra collection would be epic!
cheerleader.gif

2browneyes

there would have to be something like 5 parts to a specktra collection....at least 5 parts lol It would totally blow Summer and Holiday collections out of the water lol

katred

Specktra Bestie

Vex is the one I recommend the most. It is a neutral, so it suits pretty much anyone, but it's a sort of cool greenish-ivory base with a PINK sheen. It is 100%, for over ten years, without question, my favourite Mac shadow EVER. And it gives a sense of the effect a duochrome can have.

A few others in the Mac permanent line:

Hush- a sort of peachy neutral with a pink duochrome. I wouldn't use it as a highlighter, because it REALLY looks pink from certain angles. From others, it's sort of similar to Vanilla
Tilt- blue and green in different lights. Not teal. Blue OR green with a kind of gold sheen. I love this one.
Club- I'm kinda iffy on this one, because it always looks brown to me, but it has a green sheen that's more evident in some light than others, I don't think it's a duochrome, but it does have a dual colour effect.
Stars N Rockets- Sometimes it's pink, sometimes it's purple. For loads of fun, I pair this with Urban Decay's Asphyxia, which is cool purple, but has a pink sheen, it's like wearing blinking lights or something.
Motif- It can be gold, peach or pink. This has been one of my favourites for YEARS and, again, I think it works on everyone.

Sadly, I think those are the only eye shadows left that are "true" duo-chromes (and I wouldn't even really count Club). There are others that are *kinda* duochrome, because they're a rich base colour with a sheen that's very different. It seems that this has been what Mac has been doing recently, whereas actual duochromes (that are different colours in different lights) have sort of slipped by the way side. All the ones I've listed here have been in Mac's permanent range for AGES.

I'd looooooooovvvvvveeee to see them introduce a few more real duochromes and to make them a permanent fixture. Those were some of the products that made me realise how excellent Mac was to begin with because, at the time, no one else was doing that sort of thing...

dxgirly

Thanks for the list Katred!! I need to look into getting more shadows from the permanent line.
amuse.gif

ladyarwen

Katred! This is a bit off topic, but you remember the A Muse collection from 2006? There was a lipstick called 15 Minutes that was released with it. I saw it in a magazine five years ago, but I never got the chance to get it because I didn't have a credit card yet I so couldn't order it. Do you remember it, and if so, can you recommend a dupe?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ooh! Good question! I do remember the collection and I remember hearing 15 Minutes compared to Myth, but I think that 15 minutes was pinker. I think it was similar to Warm Me Up, which was also LE, but more recently... About the closest I could think of from the permanent collection would be Brave- which is a little more pink. It's a different finish (Satin), but it does have that same, slightly warmed brownish-pink look that I remember 15 minutes having. HTH!

romi79_2008

Oh club is a duochrome for sure, when I use it is always green, but I put it over a blackbase, works perfect, It`s my favorite green ever, great smokey eye with it.
Vex is my favorite color from Mac, too

Latest posts