Mac Blush brush

j99li

Hi everyone! I am looking to get a blush brush from MAC to apply powder blushes, what are your recommendations? Thanks!

glammy girl

I personally love my Mac 188 brush for blush, i use it all the time but the Mac 116 or 129 would work well too. It's a personal preference, see what works better for you :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
I have the 116 and, personally, I prefer it for contouring. For blush, I tend to go for either a Sigma F40 (inexpensive equivalent to the 168), a 188 dupe from Crown Brush, or e.l.f.'s Complexion Brush from their Studio line. I think I've even used the Sigma F05 (similar to the 109) for blush in the past. I think having a variety is a good idea. :)

rockin

I've tried lots of other brushes for blush, but the MAC 168 is by far my favourite. I just wish I'd got it sooner. I rather like the Real Techniques blush brush for more pigmented blushes, as I can apply them more gently with it

shellygrrl

Staff member
Just because the 168 is marketed as an "angled contour brush" doesn't mean that's what you have to use it for! As I mentioned in my past post, I have a 116; it's sold as a blush brush, but I prefer it for contouring. You use it like you would a normal blush brush. The angled shape just means that it conforms to the shape of your face a bit better.

Latest posts