MAC Blush - Help Please

Glam Girl

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to put together a pallette of 6 blushes from MAC. I need a variety of colors. Any suggestions?
th_confused_new.gif

lara

Creams or powders? For yourself or for a kit?

I generally buy blushes two at a time, one light and one dark of a similar hue. Dollymix and Cute, for example. Also grab a more neutral powder blush like Peaceful - it's fantastic for taking the intensity out of a shade if you mistakenly apply to much or you find it has too much impact.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Also grab a more neutral powder blush like Peaceful - it's fantastic for taking the intensity out of a shade if you mistakenly apply to much or you find it has too much impact.

PBI, but I couldn't find peaceful on the (Canadian) MAC website...was it LE? I tried searching for a swatch/pic as well but couldn't find one.
ssad.gif
Sounds like one I could really use!
icon_eek.gif
smiles.gif

lara

Peaceful might have D/Ced. I don't think it was a L/E. Check your CCOs, it's probably coming through there.
smiles.gif

I'm popping out to buy some more camera batteries, so when I get back I'll snap a picture for you.

bellaetoile

completely agree with what lara said, i generally buy two blushes at a time, one lighter and one darker of a shade, or one shimmery, one matte. my blush pan is currently breezy, tantone, dollymix, sunbasque, ambering rose, and blushbaby. but i've switched them up a bit, here and there, buying and selling ones that i have. i think its always good to lay 6 out at a time, and pick and choose from there. buy your blushes with the entire palette in mind, so you have a broader range of colors.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Peaceful might have D/Ced. I don't think it was a L/E. Check your CCOs, it's probably coming through there.
smiles.gif

I'm popping out to buy some more camera batteries, so when I get back I'll snap a picture for you.

I'm in Canada, so I'll hafta wait for a trip to the States to check that out.
ssad.gif
Thanks for offering a pic!

maxcat

I'm in Canada - I'm also a dead pale chick with black hair/eyebrows and blue eyes. I've got blushbaby (matte plum brown), fleur power (matte rosy pink), style (peach with shimmer) and well dressed (blue pink with shimmer).
They get me through just about any palette that I'm after - and blush is my best friend. I'm so pale that bronzer makes me look like I dusted dirt on my face... hope that helps...

mspixieears

Did you check out the Ultracheek blushes? They were released not that long ago and are permanent so come in pro pan form. There were some nice colours in that collection. Could be good as a starting point.

ralenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Did you check out the Ultracheek blushes? They were released not that long ago and are permanent so come in pro pan form. There were some nice colours in that collection. Could be good as a starting point.

I agree. Be sure to check out Springsheen from this collection. It's a nice, soft peach tone. Also, Shy Angel if you can find it. Unfortunately, it was the only LE one in the bunch, but it's a very pretty light pink.

dollbabybex

makesure you get plumfoolery and dame...
amazing stiking colours .

also agree with getting dollymix and well dressed.

I love Breezy too...its very dark but amazing for clubbin
smiles.gif

maybe get Trace gold for highlighting?