MAC Blush Recommendation

Chikky

Let me start off by saying that I am horrible with blush! It scares me, hehe. I have already pigmented cheeks (I've had makeup artists tell me I'm 'lucky' and don't even need to use blush), so when I use blush I am always afraid that it looks... weird because it looks like I have two colors on, or they're uneven or splotchy because of my natural coloring. Secondly, I'm afraid it looks like I have too MUCH blush on, so I always use a light hand.

To summarize:

I am a MAC NC20, and always use foundation and concealer.

I also have medium reddish/brown hair (dyed). I think; I'm horrible at describing coloring.

I would like some recommendations on what blushes to use, mostly I would like contouring colors!! I would love for my cheeks to look more contoured.

Thanks in advance!

MzzRach

Re: Blush Recommendation

Any particular brand you are interested in getting recs on?

Chikky

Re: Blush Recommendation

Oh! Sorry, MAC, please. There are really not many makeup places around here, no Sephora's or Nordstroms or anything. So, I prefer MAC, but if there's anything that can be found at a Macy's that's better, then that would work, too.

Chikky

Anyone?? It doesn't have to be just MAC. Like I said, any brand found at a Macy's will work.

Susanne

Tenderling for contouring
Pink Swoon for a nice pink

Try the Scuplt & Shade products from the pro store / the pro site to get a perfect contour!

gigiopolis

I have a very similar problem of having naturally pigmented cheeks. Sometimes they look a bit splotchy. I find the best thing to do is to dull down the colour with a bit of foundation/concealer, then follow with a sheer, peachy, shimmery blush to offset a bit of the ruddiness and add a bit of glow to detract from the splotchiness.

My absolute favourite blush for that purpose from MAC is Springsheen. If you can get a hold of Benefit, I also love Dandelion and Sugarbomb. HTH!

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Mac
I think Cubic is pretty or a light swipe of Peachykeen.

I was about to say, Cubic and Peachykeen.These are my most used blushes
winkiss.gif
Springsheen is another beautiful colour.

sweetkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoj
Margin and Gingerly are two blushes that I like. Maybe Coppertone for a contour.

I bought Gingerly recently, after hearing Kim Kardashian using it, but it looks kinda orange on me. I am quite fair though.