MAC Blushcreme VS. NYX Rouge Cream Blush

user46

Hello! I've been REALLY dying to try out a cream blush. I've heard great things about both. Which ones would you guys recommend? and which brand? Thank you!

for reference, i'm a NW40

Leilani78

bump! I am wondering about the same thing too! What's the difference between the two (other than price)? What wears better and has a better color payoff?

metalkitty

Hey, sorry for the really late response but I've used both. To me the formulas are very similar and they're both very concentrated. And they usually look a little darker in the pan then they do on and give a dewy finish. I like the NYX more since I really dislike MAC's shade range so far.... I think MAC should come out with some brighter or dark shimmery colors. NYX actually has a few bright and nice darker colors along with paler ones but there's no shimmery ones as of yet I think. Sooo, if you're unsure I'd go for the NYX first, sorry MAC!

user79

So the NYX ones don't have shimmer or sparkles in them? Because I hate that, that's why I've been using the Bobbi Brown one.

iheartangE

I say go for NYX first since it's cheaper-you can test out the concept of "cream blush" and then if you love it, you'll know what to look for from MAC and you'll have something to compare it to!

I have one of each, and I far prefer my MAC Blushcream but the only reason is that I love the color much better. Formula-wise they are definitely comparable!

Simply Elegant

I haven't tried NYX's but there's definitely better cream blushes out there besides MAC. Stila and Inglot are my favourite.

talste

I own a few NYX & MAC ones, As far as NYX goes, it's value for money but I found them to be greasy & they tend to slide off my cheeks compared to my MAC blushcremes. I do live in a hot & humid climate so that obviously doesn't help as the products are always soft in the pan.

anshu7

ok i am replying for the second time but i cant believe i forgot to mention bobbi brown pot rouges..imo its the queen of cream blushes

cassitassi

I am pretty much in love with the texture of MAC blushcreme, they're SO soft and i guess, kind of melted for lack of a better description.

Are NYX blushes just as soft? In pictures, used MAC blushcremes look a lot softer than used NYX cream blushes.