MAC Brant Brothers collection (May 26/ June 2 2016)

patentg33k

So did anyone end up buying something from this collection lol?

No-- I stopped by my local MAC yesterday and they had some products out (the ones that are now up online). No lip markers, no contour duo. The pencils are nice, the quad is ok (the carbon didn't seem like a 'good' one at least the tester one). I didn't pick anything up, but I might pick a pencil the next time. Or maybe I won't. :nixweiss:

Last edited:

laralara

No-- I stopped by my local MAC yesterday and they had some products out (the ones that are now up online). No lip markers, no contour duo. The pencils are nice, the quad is ok (the carbon didn't seem like a 'good' one at least the tester one). I didn't pick anything up, but I might pick a pencil the next time. Or maybe I won't. :nixweiss:
Agreed! Looking at the upcoming collections now, this is just too plain for me. I just need to start saving for the more 'fun' collections.

Myth

I've been using feline for quite a while now but have been thinking of trying smolder. What do you like about it?
--I don't have to tug/pull on my eyelids to put it on
--glides on like buttah
--It's totally comfortable/non-irritating on the waterline
Actually I'm planning to try Feline soon

lyseD

--I don't have to tug/pull on my eyelids to put it on
--glides on like buttah
--It's totally comfortable/non-irritating on the waterline
Actually I'm planning to try Feline soon

Thanks, I think I'll try it. Always in search of a good black liner.

lilinah

While i tend to go for extreme colors and finishes, a good basic everyday neutral collection is good for many people. Most people can't wear green or blue lipstick and glitter on their eyelids to the office :)

Monsy

OMG LOL it's finally up for sale. Rather than order blind, I'm hoping it drops in stores. I need to get to the mall to get some tranquil oil anyway.

oh do you like that oil? i am curious how does it compare to the regular one?

patentg33k

oh do you like that oil? i am curious how does it compare to the regular one?

I haven't really noticed any difference between them, but I haven't used the regular one for years so it's a little hard to remember? I just like the pretty blue color! :)

Monsy

i have gazillion samples of the regular one (that you get with the order). i was just curious how do they compare or what's the difference

patentg33k

i have gazillion samples of the regular one (that you get with the order). i was just curious how do they compare or what's the difference

I believe the regular one is a bit stronger, the tranquil one is gentler and for sensitive or dry skin. I don't have sensitive or dry skin, however, so now that you ask I'm not sure why I keep buying the tranquil lol.

Sorry, should have said that in my original reply. To be honest, I've tried different cleansing oils over the years and they all work fine and none have caused any problems for me.

Monsy

I believe the regular one is a bit stronger, the tranquil one is gentler and for sensitive or dry skin. I don't have sensitive or dry skin, however, so now that you ask I'm not sure why I keep buying the tranquil lol.

Sorry, should have said that in my original reply. To be honest, I've tried different cleansing oils over the years and they all work fine and none have caused any problems for me.

i really like lancome oil, and especially their cream to oil . i have full bottle of clinique oil i bought i still haven't tried it.
the only one i didn't like too much was loccitane - it's just ok, but doesn't clean enough especially if wearing heavier makeup.
regular mac oil i like it's really good. my skin is dry but it works great for me

please let us know if you try the cream duo. my quad should arrive tomorrow

patentg33k

So what happened with the cream duo??

I too am very curious about the cream duo!

Quick stop at my local MAC this morning to look at the Brandt contour duo. Both shades feel like CCB's. The lighter shade is very much like "Luna squared"--it's a near-white that's well pigmented. Like an amped-up Luna. It's pretty. The darker shade is a cool chocolate milk-toned color. It's cooler than most bronzers out there. As @dominic_mua had discussed layering them, I've added a quick finger-swatch so you can see the effect (light shade over dark).

If you don't have a cream duo, this is a nice one. Definitely runs cool in my opinion, but good contour colors can.

The deeper shade may have been a bit too deep/cool for my NC15 skin tone. This has a similar vibe to the (much more expensive) Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate cream contour palette, so it's nice to see something at this price point. I didn't pick it up but I can definitely see someone loving it.

brant contour duo.jpg

Latest posts