mac brush cleanser

Luxurious

hi. what do you thing about the brush cleanser? should i buy one, because the mua recommend the cleanser. which experience do you have?tell me everything
smiles.gif

kradge79

I have always had great luck with the brush cleaner. I use a 1-4 ratio, meaning 1 tbsp cleaner to 4 tbsps filtered water. I mix that all together in a mug or cup and then let my brushes soak for a little while, maybe 30 sec-1min. Then I massage the cleaner through the brush and rinse in cool-lukewarm water. If I am not cleaning a lot of brushes, I'll just pour a very small amount into my hand, swish my brush through it, massage, and rinse. I think its great stuff! I used a small amount of shampoo once and lost so many hairs from my brushes, never get that with the brush cleaner.

ben

i use both shampoo and the brush cleaner. i usually use the brush cleaner while i am using my brushes to apply make-up. i pour a little on some paper towel, or towel and dab the wet spot with my brush then swipe my brush back and forth to get rid of the product and to dry it off.

MAC_Diva

I love it! I've gone through 5 bottles in the last couple of months. It gets my brushes super clean and conditions them to help make them last longer. I just really hope someone makes it for the drugstore. I would love to get the same benefits with half the money. Dishing out 11-12 every 3 weeks is killer, so now i put it in a spray bottle. it totally helps make it last longer. I've never tried mixing it with water though.

Lyssah

I used the mac brush cleaner and I love it, I don't dilute it. I just pour two drops on to the brush, masage (couldn't think of a better word) it in and then rinse with luke-warm water and lay then down to dry... keeps my brushes nice an fresh
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklips1207
which brush cleaner Tish?

It is in a Black bottle and they sell it over by the makeup....I will look at the name as soon as I get a chance...

MAC_Diva

Thank you!!! Yeah I've resorted to using my Brush cleanser in a spray bottle, i don't run out as fast. how does the studio tools and walgreens compare to mac?

Stephy171

i swear by this stuff lol!! it leaves my brushes so soft!! i dont dilute it either i put a small amount in a little dish and dip my brushes in slightly then i let them sit a while and then i wipe them gently on a wash cloth! i think its well worth the money i havent tried anything else but hey if you can get something just as good for cheaperl.... WHY NOT lol
lol.gif

cetati

I have it in a spray bottle. I use it to clean my cream product brushes daily by spraying a little in my hand and swirling my brush.

When I want to deep clean, I use baby shampoo + water, then diluted brush cleanser (1 to 3 ratio, roughly) to really double clean it.

TISH1124

I find it works just as good...But I've worked at a manufacturing lab all my life ...so I pretty much know that most items are the same with a different brand name on them so I am pretty cheap about certain things that I will not buy just for the name on the bottle. But thats just me...I used to before I knew better...Now that I know better I shop better.

Latest posts