Mac brushes, authentic or not?

Aingail

Hi all,

I'm mostly a lurker but now I need your advice
winks.gif

I saw these Authentic MAC 15 makeup brush set Face brush eyeshadow - eBay (item 220273956128 end time Sep-02-08 18:49:48 PDT)
brushes on Ebay and I'm doubting about them.

The seller says they are authentic and if they aren't, I would get my money back. I already bought the brushes (but haven't recieved them yet) before I bumped into this section of the forum
ssad.gif
. I'd rather not have fake brushes so I wanted to ask if you guys wanted to take a look and tell me if they are authentic or not?

redambition

The pics aren't all that great but if you take a look at the second pic - the gap in the M (on the logo) is straight up and down, not diagonal as is normal and it's also pretty big. It's not consistent with real MAC brushes.

The bag is also sus to me - I haven't ever seen a MAC bag like that but maybe in an other country??

It's not looking good.
ssad.gif

Susanne

I have never seen this bag before. I would say these are fakes
ssad.gif
The handles look very strange for me.

Aingail

Thanks for your answers!

I will wait untill I recieve them and will post some better pictures. When I was reading the brushtopic I started to think mine could be fake to. It seems that there are no, or really hard to find, genuine MAC brushes on Ebay, that's sad
ssad.gif
Especially if you don't live next to a MAC store or can't order online at the site...

Ladydee91500

Hello all - I'm new
yes.gif

Thats crazy - I mean i knew that pretty much anything can be and is faked and sold on ebay... but sheesh. I see alot of these sellers put up brushes and claim they're MAC. Its sad really - some aren't bad quality (so ive heard from some friends) but they've never bought ones that said they were MAC. I vote - if it sounds too good to be true - it most definitely is. $400 some odd dollars retail value - for that cheap - they're just looking for some ppl who don't know the difference.

Wonderful thing is - I emailed one person a while back to ask if they were authentic and he replied that they were... hmmmm very shady. But at worst u buy them and they are not real - and if they claim anywhere in the listing or any correspondence that the brushes were something they are not - CC company will get you back your $$ - wonders of the all mighty Amex
winks.gif