MAC brushes essential and peachy nude l/s

myystiqueen

so i really need your opinion which of these face brushes are essential??

i already have :
#187 and #168

and i'm currently lemming the :

which one out of the 5 brushes I really HAVE to HAVE.... ^^ cause i can't possibly afford all of them at once....

actually it's just that kind of a collecting habit stuff... i already have blush brush, powder brush, contouring brush, kabuki brush etc... i just want to invest on some mac brushes....

and i'm going to B2M for the first time and still looking for a peachy-nude lipstick.... any recs?? i don't want to look ghostly... just a peachy or beigey nude.... i already have the Viva Glam V but it's more of a natural shade... so yea... thanks before!!!

nunu

Definately the 129 for blusher and the 182 to apply powder and blend the blusher and contouring together.

The 109 is good for loads of stuff too like countouring, highlighting and applying/buffing foundation.

Edit to add: the 134 and 150 are ideal for applying loose powder but they are not must haves.

Hope this helps.

Sanayhs

Out of those brushes, I'd go for either the 182 or the 109. The 182 is wonderful for buffing things out and together (which helps perfect the finish) and can also be used to gently apply a cheek colour. The 109 is simply a very versatile brush. The 129 is nice, but it's simply a blush brush, and not my favourite, as you have to use it in a sweeping motion and it's really no good for buffing in the blush after you've swept it on. Both the 134 and 150 are good for applying setting powder, but you don't need them, and certainly not both. From what you say you already have, I'd go for the 109.

Sorry I can't help you with the lipstick, but I'm not a nude lips kind of gal.

iluvmac

182 and 109 brushes are must-haves, IMO. As for the peachy-nude, I suggest Freckletone. I'm NW20/25, for reference.

joojoobss

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
thank you so much for your suggestions... i think i might go with 109 for now..... ^^

i think the 109 shed a lot if your gonna be suing it with liquid foundation, because i know some people use it to buff. but it sheds like CRAZY even after washing and conditioning it.
right now im using the 109 for a highlight powder and its been great.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobss
i think the 109 shed a lot if your gonna be suing it with liquid foundation, because i know some people use it to buff. but it sheds like CRAZY even after washing and conditioning it.
right now im using the 109 for a highlight powder and its been great.

hmm..... thanks for your 'warning'..

should give it a second thought before getting it... thanks again ^^

Rondafaye

I bought my first MAC brushes today, before I saw this thread. I got the 187, 109 and 182. I feel like they were good choices.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondafaye
I bought my first MAC brushes today, before I saw this thread. I got the 187, 109 and 182. I feel like they were good choices.

Definitely! Those are three versatile and super useful brushes. Enjoy!

vikitty

I love my 242 for packing on pigments and eyeshadows. I use a Body Shop eyeshadow blender to soften it afterward; might hae to pick up a MAC version soon!

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
and i'm going to B2M for the first time and still looking for a peachy-nude lipstick.... any recs?? i don't want to look ghostly... just a peachy or beigey nude.... i already have the Viva Glam V but it's more of a natural shade... so yea... thanks before!!!

I don't know how nude you want your lipstick to be, but how about Jubilee (it's a peachier than VG V)? I'm not a fan of pale lips at all, so I can't recommend you anything that's beyond natural shades.
th_dunno.gif
If you don't want to look ghostly I suggest you don't do lips that are too light colored. For beigey nude, why not just use concealer over the lips (saves you some money too). You can do a search on Specktra, I recall seeing a thread about favorite nude lipstick or something like that.
yes.gif