MAC Brushes on AMAZON?!

Hello all
I wonder if you guys could help clear up some confusion.

I saw a large brush set being sold on Amazon.co.uk. They are being advertised as MAC.

I stated that they were very likely to be FAKE. There are a few different photos, The first showed brushes with black ferrules.

Now I think we all know how much MAC brushes retail for. Even with the pro discount they would not be sold for £22.for a full set!!!

Someone posted that they had contect MAC and been assured they were genuine!

Im sure you guys are more familliar with Mac brush collections than me.
Maybe someone else could possibly voice thier opinion?

Id hate to think that fake brushes are sold on Amazon and some may be buying thinking they are genuine.

Thsi is the link and there are comments:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002AR0F9M/ref=cm_rdp_product

Known on Amazon as techgurl
Thanks!

Hilde

They don't even look real(the actual brush part of the brush) besides "202 REPLACEABLE SPONGE TIP APPLICATOR" is not a brush mac has carried. I don't know why people try to convince themselves they are real.

myluckypenny

They don't even look real(the actual brush part of the brush) besides "202 REPLACEABLE SPONGE TIP APPLICATOR" is not a brush mac has carried. I don't know why people try to convince themselves they are real.

AGREED! I hate when people convince themselves they got the real deal for such a steal - when it obviously is not. Those brushes look NOTHING like authentic brushes.

One of the buyers says they look ok, she said they do have a silver ferule unlike the first photo.

I guess this set would be ok for a casual user. Going back a few years before I got interested in makeup I would have been delighted with a big brush set. Now I know the difference.

Probably the genuine MAC brushes also made in China but Im sure they are not sold through other chanels as that would not make MAC happy.

I do find it funny how one person said she asked MAC if they were genuine and that they confirmed they are!!! And had a go for my saying they werent.

Supreme

MAC doesn't carry brush kits... I don't know why people keep trying to convince themselves that they can find them for cheaper online. I mean, why would you buy MAC brushes? If it's for their premium quality, you need to be ready to pay what they're worth. If you just want to look cool because of the logo, you can just buy some cheap replicas.