MAC BRUSHES

SamanthaDeMuro

I don't know if this subject has been broached before so I decided to start my own thread. I love MAC. I have probably every shadow they've ever made, lipsticks, blushes, etc. BUT, I also own 2 of their brushes and both of them shed like crazy. Has anyone else had this problem? Interestingly enough, my cheaper brushes have lasted and lasted and don't shed. If I'm going to pay $40 or $50 for a brush, I expect better quality.

If this has happened to anyone else, please let me know. I thought MAC brushes were supposed to be the bomb.com. So far, I'm not impressed. BTW, what brush brand do you guys recommend? I hear all about Sedona Lace, Sigma. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I have four MAC brushes. The only brush I've had shed is my 116, and only a very small amount (not enough to matter). If you're willing to spend: Louise Young, Hakuhodo If you'd like to save a little bit: Sonia Kashuk, Real Techniques, some Sigma (I don't recommend all their brushes)

shiloh81

I have 6 Mac brushes and 4 of them are the white goat hair and they are amazing no shedding. The other 2 are an eyeliner and mascara fan brush. I looked at a ton of reviews before I ordered them. I did see reviews on a lot of different brushes that said they shed like crazy.

SamanthaDeMuro

Thanks guys for letting me know about your experiences. I want to try Sonia Kashuk and Sedona Lace. I love MAC but thus far, their brushes have let me down. BTW does anyone know how good Sephora brushes are? I'm on the hunt for good brushes. Thanks for your input so far. I appreciate it. Also, I may go for some Real Techniques brushes. I guess it's hit or miss.

glittergoddess27

Sephora discontinued the only brushes that I liked, they were all the white goat hair. I do personally love the Sonia Kashuk curvy handled black which now have a white goat hair brush like MAC's 239 but just a tad more dense and also the Breast Cancer Awareness pink set. Surprisingly I also like the black handled ELF brushes from Target. Check out their stippling brush which works like the MAC 130 for foundation. $3 versus $42. I think all real hair brushes shed a little but most people who are having major shedding issues are not cleaning their brushes with a good cleanser. Just like your own hair you need to condition them or they get dry and break off. Stay away from alcohol based cleansers which are drying.

Latest posts