MAC Brushes

SpringDancer

IMO: 187 for liquid foundation, 188 for creme blushes (although it's great for regular blushes as well), 239 for eyeshadow application, 217 for blending.

i_love_mac

I think 150, 129, 217, 224, 213, 266, 190 and these are the MUST!!! I use all these brushes every single day

MzzRach

My top 3 are the 217, 187 and 109. All three are versatile and work brilliantly for more than one type of application.

marvlgrl2

I just bought the 239 and 217 today, which I'm wicked excited about. I'd been using Bare Escentuals brushes for a while and you can absolutely tell the difference with MAC brushes. Question though: are all the MAC brushes natural hair? Is there a difference between the white bristles and the darker bristles? Thanks!

cetati

168 for contouring and blushes.
116 for blush.
188 for cream blushes.
187 for liquid foundation.
182 for mineral/powder foundation.

Eyes, 217, 222.

Marjolaine

You can find eye brushes that are more or less similar in other brands but face brushes are a must-have. My favourite ones are 187, 134, 129 and 182.

maddiesmom

What do you guys think about purchasing the 188 instead of the 187. They look similar and I am trying to save a few $.....I am looking for a good blush/highlight brush. I already have the holiday edition of the 187 and have been using it for blush but I wanted to try it with foundation instead. Thoughts?

romi79_2008

I love 239, 217,222 and 187
I want to buy one of these two 209 or 210 can anyone tell the difference between them?

cookie addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvlgrl2
I just bought the 239 and 217 today, which I'm wicked excited about. I'd been using Bare Escentuals brushes for a while and you can absolutely tell the difference with MAC brushes. Question though: are all the MAC brushes natural hair? Is there a difference between the white bristles and the darker bristles? Thanks!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the white bristle brushes are made from goat (the underside of) hair.. not all of the brushes are natural, there are some that are synthetic (i.e. 249), or mixed synthetic and natural (i.e. 187, 188). It's usually listed in the description on the MAC website. The some darker bristles are natural, only made from a different animal, I suppose..
HTH!

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiesmom
What do you guys think about purchasing the 188 instead of the 187. They look similar and I am trying to save a few $.....I am looking for a good blush/highlight brush. I already have the holiday edition of the 187 and have been using it for blush but I wanted to try it with foundation instead. Thoughts?

The 188 is lovely for blush, and in fact can be better as the 187 is too large for some people's cheeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008
I love 239, 217,222 and 187
I want to buy one of these two 209 or 210 can anyone tell the difference between them?

The 210 is much thinner than the 209, and as such requires more practise.

Kazzii-Loves-MA

MAC Make Up Brushes

Hiya Everyone,
Its my 18th birthday in October and my fiancee has offered to buy me a generous amount of MAC brushes, i was just curious to know which are your favourite brushes you wouldnt be without, which doyou not like very much, what do you like each brush for, how long have your mac brushes lasted. I made a little list but im not 100% sure so i'd love your input
greengrin.gif

Thankyou!! x

my list:
ProductBrush No.Price
Small duo fibre brush face brush 188
Powder/blush brush 129SH
Buffer brush 182
Concealer brush 194
Fluff brush 213
Blending brush 217
Pencil brush 219
Eye shader brush 239
Small angle brush 266
Tapered face brush 138
Small contour brush 109
Large powder brush 134
Precise eyeliner brush 210
Brush Cleanser

bell21

Re: MAC Make Up Brushes

You've got a pretty good list! The only thing I would change is switch out the 188 for the 130. The 188 is so flimsy to me compared to the 130. I usually use them for cream blush and bronzer. I haven't touched my 188 since I got the 130. I'm actually debating getting a second once now that I've discovered my love of cream blushes!
I love the 187 for foundation.
You might want to add the 214 to your list, its perfect for lining your lower lash line with shadow/smudging liner.
The only brush I really hate is the 168, that thing sheds like crazy.
A tip about the brush cleaner I picked up from Specktra, pour the cleaner into a little spray bottle you can get cheap ones from target or walmart for 98 cents or a dollar. It lasts so much longer when you just spritz the cleaner on to the brushes!

thiscarmen

Face:
187 (blush, powder, foundation)
217 (blending out concealer)
138 (bronzer/contouring)
134 (setting powder or to dust it all over the fast)

Eyes:
239 (packing on colour)
217 (blending out colour)
219 (pencil brush/smudger brush)

tamarindi

The 187 brush! it gives a flawless application of liquid foundations, worth its money for me atleast