Mac Carbon e/s?

henrieta

Hi everybody! i've been using carbon for a while, but on me it doesn't have such a great colour pay off. I usually use it over other e/s on my V or crease, but it looks more gray than black. Yesterday i used it on its own, but it still gave me only light black colour?! Is it supposed to be like that??

I'm looking for some better black (with better colour pay off). Any ideas? mac only pls.

BeccalovesMAC

Honestly, I do not like MAC Black shadows. There is a shadow that ULTA makes its called Sin City. It is a very very dark black and its only like 5.00

henrieta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chynegal
Have u tried a black pigment I have one an its really dark

uff, i would be scared to work with black pigment... it usually falls under my eyes.. but thanks hun!

henrieta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccalovesMAC
Honestly, I do not like MAC Black shadows. There is a shadow that ULTA makes its called Sin City. It is a very very dark black and its only like 5.00

no Ulta in Uk... (im so jelous of people living in america...nyx eyeshadows, cco's and early release of mac collection..no fair)

henrieta

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
Perhaps the black shadow from MUFE?

haven't tried mufe yet, i only got corrector pallete, and i had to buy it in france...

gildedangel

If you specifically want MAC, check out the discussion and swatch forums for the upcoming Style Black collection, they have some mineralize black eyeshadows coming out with it that you may like. None of them are matte though. Carbon is really the darkest black that MAC has, but you could try using blackground paint pot under it or by itself and see what you think.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrieta
haven't tried mufe yet, i only got corrector pallete, and i had to buy it in france...

The MUFE matte black is a very matte black. I like MUFE shadows (but some people complain that they're hard to work with).

Have you tried MAC's Typographic shadow? It's a Matte2 shadow.

ForgetRegret

Like Gildedangel said, I'd try blackground pp underneath it, or blacktrack fluidline...or even smolder eye kohl if you're not too oily.
smiles.gif

AmiS4ys

I know you were ify about pigments, but really try Black Black pigment. If nothing else, press it into a pan. I've done this and it works a lot easier and doesnt have as much fall-out. I'm sure you can look up a pigment pressing tutorial on youtube or even here on Specktra

henrieta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
If you specifically want MAC, check out the discussion and swatch forums for the upcoming Style Black collection, they have some mineralize black eyeshadows coming out with it that you may like. None of them are matte though. Carbon is really the darkest black that MAC has, but you could try using blackground paint pot under it or by itself and see what you think.

how could i forget about style black?!?!
yes.gif
thanks hun!

henrieta

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
The MUFE matte black is a very matte black. I like MUFE shadows (but some people complain that they're hard to work with).

Have you tried MAC's Typographic shadow? It's a Matte2 shadow.

nope, havent tried typographic yet! is it nice deep black?

henrieta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiS4ys
I know you were ify about pigments, but really try Black Black pigment. If nothing else, press it into a pan. I've done this and it works a lot easier and doesnt have as much fall-out. I'm sure you can look up a pigment pressing tutorial on youtube or even here on Specktra

yep, tried pigment pressing, but my pans didnt want to dry for over 3 days, so i popped them into oven, i think i baked them...
th_LMAO.gif

i bought special pigment pressing medium from coastal scents, but next day after pressing i realised, they were actually 2 layers and u were supposed to mix them (shake the bottle).... well i did my pressing at 2am after coming from work and couldnt wait until morning...so i guess it was bit dark.... so now im scared of ruining my pigments again..
cry.gif

malaviKat

Quote:
nope, havent tried typographic yet! is it nice deep black?

I don't own Typographic but it's described online as a "matte, asphalt black". I've heard it classified as the black Carbon wants to be, but isn't. :p (Of course, I've also heard that it's really more of a charcoal grey than a true black...but still I think it is an option to consider). It may be a texture that works better for you than the texture of Carbon.

Here's a swatch of Typographic courtesy of Temptalia.com:

mac_shadow_swatches006.jpg

Eyeshadows: Typographic, Black Tied, Mylar, Naked Lunch, Brule

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by chynegal
the mac black pigment is serious i still havent used mine yet cuz u get alot of fall out

I feel you! I've got dark soul and it intimidates me! The fallout might end up looking like a black eye
ssad.gif

As for carbon, its one of my hg's when it comes to MAC e/s. Black Black or Blackground p/p's would be your best option! The paint sticks you could run the risk of major creasing, same with the ccb. Typographic is also a muted black matte shadow, but I think Carbon is as dark as it gets!

Last option is mixing pigments with a mixing medium to make a cream shadow and see how that works for you! HTH!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
yep, tried pigment pressing, but my pans didnt want to dry for over 3 days, so i popped them into oven, i think i baked them...
th_LMAO.gif

i bought special pigment pressing medium from coastal scents, but next day after pressing i realised, they were actually 2 layers and u were supposed to mix them (shake the bottle).... well i did my pressing at 2am after coming from work and couldnt wait until morning...so i guess it was bit dark.... so now im scared of ruining my pigments again..
cry.gif

I've heard the pigment pressing medium from CS is absolute crap. I have no experience with it...I press mine the cheap way; 91% alcohol. Honestly, you might want to try pressing that way...I find it to be relatively foolproof...just mix to the right consistency, let dry for a few hours, press in your pretty hetchmarks with whatever fabric you're using, and then let it dry again overnight, or for another day, depending on how paranoid you are. Usually 24 hours seems like a pretty solid bet when I do mine. GL sweetie, HTH!

cipelica

My Carbon also ‘does not work’. Transparent, dark gray color. Very big disappointment. Drugstore blacks are better than Carbon.

FiestyFemme

I have the same problem with Carbon... it's not the black to end all blacks like it's made out to be. I'm definitely looking for something else. Black Black sounds good, but I'm scared of the fallout! I might try the MUFE one.