MAC Casual Colour discussion

Mac-Guy

you're starting to scare me. lol Should I be in a big hurry to use my lipglasses and fluidlines? How long do all these products last?
Any cream product older than six months is likely to foster free radicals, one of the major causes (next to UV) for premature skin aging. I've written a lot of about*, just do search on the forum. My best advice is to store products cool (beauty fridge!) and toss them after six months.

* Do a search in the Posh Paradise thread.

Mac-Guy

The whole cream expiry thing scares me, too! I'm so particular with my paint pots and lipglasses so I can be sure I use them up in a timely manner and preserve the unopened ones 'til I can use them. My fluidlines, too.

I might skip all of these creams, but then again it might not hurt to get onee lol. Oh yeah, I still have my Shop/Cook cremeblends, too. Oy. So many creams, so little time! The colors of these look lovely, though! I'm intrigued by the purple one.
If you reapply the balm several times a day, either on its own or to moisture before applying a l/s or l/g, I'm sure you will finish the pots in a few months. Just open one (or two at the max) and finish them before opening the next ones. This strategy helps me to stay on track with finish products and not wasting any money; don't open a new product until you finish an old one.

Ultimately, a youthful skin is more important to me than keeping an expired product.

Genn

Any cream product older than six months is likely to foster free radicals, one of the major causes (next to UV) for premature skin aging. I've written a lot of about*, just do search on the forum. My best advice is to store products cool (beauty fridge!) and toss them after six months.

* Do a search in the Posh Paradise thread.
Thank you! I guess I should use my fluid lines more often (good thing I only have 2) and not open any more lipglasses.

Shellcat

Yep! I noticed your picks for BD as well. Same short list as mine.

I will probably just stick with the three from this one.

I have the EXACT same list! We are skintone/ makeup shade taste sisters!
I have my eye on Weekend Getaway possibly.
Out For Fun is a definite... think it will go beautifully with MM from Tres Cheek!

liba

My preliminary list:

Evening Stroll (reminds me of Go For It l/s & it's purple plus blue-based-YES!!!!!)
eyelove.gif

Weekend Getaway (looks like a pretty rose color)
flower.gif
Evening Stroll is SO close to Go For It - still holding on as my favorite purple lipstick of all time. I've been waiting for another really awesome mid-tone blue purple lip color and the fact I can use this on the cheeks too (I didn't like FoJ at all on my dry skin), is getting me all worked up!! This is my single most anticipated item so far until Heavenly Creature hits. BUs galore are going to happen.
yahoo.gif

Also, I'm enthralled by Keep It Casual - that is flippin' gorgeous....I can't wait to use it as a cheek and lip stain, and underneath the brownish Heavenly Creature MSFs and MBs.

Out for Fun looks beautiful too - sort of the perfect cross between Optimistic Orange and Joie-de-Vivre. Optimistic Orange was too orange for me and Joie-de-Vivre's pink cast makes it a bit more for springtime than summer (plus I'm running out of Joie-de-Vivre and I didn't back it up - I couldn't believe it wasn't made part of the perm Cremebends).

Honestly, they're all totally beautiful. I was only Team 4 for Tres Cheek, due to being really picky about powder blush on my dry skin. I'm thinking I'll be Miss Team 8 on these, though, especially with paparazzi boy's post about how long-wearing they are. I'm so happy I want zero from Hey Sailor and maybe only a mascara from BD.
mac_atemywallet.gif

liba

can somebody babysit me so i only get 2?
I thought you felt a little too oily for very dewey cheek products? Does that anti-enable you at all? If not, sorry, I can't help any better - the colors are too gorgeous to me.

duckrodeo

If you reapply the balm several times a day, either on its own or to moisture before applying a l/s or l/g, I'm sure you will finish the pots in a few months. Just open one (or two at the max) and finish them before opening the next ones. This strategy helps me to stay on track with finish products and not wasting any money; don't open a new product until you finish an old one.

Ultimately, a youthful skin is more important to me than keeping an expired product.
That's a good idea and very encouraging, thank you for the feedback! It would be simple for me to replace a lipglass with a balm to be sure I use the product up. I have all my BUs and unopened paint pots, lipsticks and lipglasses in a drawer in the fridge to preserve them, so perhaps adding a couple of creams to the stock would be easy enough. I usually put a sticker on the product, too so I know when I opened it! So far, so good since I usually make the most of a product before it's empty or near-empty and goes to the B2M stash.

OctoberViolet

iagree.gif
iagree.gif

I'm still hopeful we'll get something close or a repromote of Go For It for the Fall/Winter.

I use my 190 for all of my Cremeblend Blushes - my cheeks are small and it gives me plenty of control, plus smoothness without having to grind product deep into my skin. That 192 looks really sweet, but I guess it's not available any longer.
weeping.gif

What I thought instantly - the marketing is pretty overt here. Still, busy moms aren't often portrayed in cosmetics advertising, so I'd call it pretty clever. Who doesn't love a product that says "simple, fast, makes you look like a young girl again while still being a mature, responsible woman" LOL is right!

The teenagers get Beth Ditto
girlhaha.gif

As an NC15 who gets a little color in the summer, but not enough to push me to NC20, I can work a mid-tone purple all year long, but colors like Go For It and Bust Out look brighter on my summer skin, especially with a little gentle bronzer. Only really vampy purples or shades with a lot of grey in them, like Flaunting It, look better when I'm paler and really light shades like Fresh Amour and Quite Cute need me at my palest (although Quite Cute really rocks for those few special months from the end of winter through spring, before I've gotten any color but the sun has started to come out).

Anyhow, to make a long story short - you will look gorgeous in Evening Stroll, especially if you get a little tan!

Evening Stroll is SO close to Go For It - still holding on as my favorite purple lipstick of all time. I've been waiting for another really awesome mid-tone blue purple lip color and the fact I can use this on the cheeks too (I didn't like FoJ at all on my dry skin), is getting me all worked up!! This is my single most anticipated item so far until Heavenly Creature hits. BUs galore are going to happen.
yahoo.gif

Also, I'm enthralled by Keep It Casual - that is flippin' gorgeous....I can't wait to use it as a cheek and lip stain, and underneath the brownish Heavenly Creature MSFs and MBs.

Out for Fun looks beautiful too - sort of the perfect cross between Optimistic Orange and Joie-de-Vivre. Optimistic Orange was too orange for me and Joie-de-Vivre's pink cast makes it a bit more for springtime than summer (plus I'm running out of Joie-de-Vivre and I didn't back it up - I couldn't believe it wasn't made part of the perm Cremebends).

Honestly, they're all totally beautiful. I was only Team 4 for Tres Cheek, due to being really picky about powder blush on my dry skin. I'm thinking I'll be Miss Team 8 on these, though, especially with paparazzi boy's post about how long-wearing they are. I'm so happy I want zero from Hey Sailor and maybe only a mascara from BD.
mac_atemywallet.gif

Pinkdollface

Thank you pemily!

Another Store and Online Exclusive Collection....I am sure it will be exclusive here too and that means these goodies are hard to get
ssad.gif
If they are exclusive i hope they won't be just available in the pro store. If they will be a douglas or bijenkorf exclusive at least they will be available online.

MACina

It is even worse for you in the Netherlands because you do not have a MAC online shop.
Do you only have the pro store or other freestanding stores too?
If they are exclusive i hope they won't be just available in the pro store. If they will be a douglas or bijenkorf exclusive at least they will be available online.

Pinkdollface

It is even worse for you in the Netherlands because you do not have a MAC online shop.
Do you only have the pro store or other freestanding stores too?
Only the pro store in Amsterdam. All the others are counters, but in the bijenkorf you can get the refills for eyeshadows so that's nice. And since it's a small country it's easier to get to the pro store:) We are also getting a Mac online shop, but they don't know when. We're supposed to get By Request so i'm guessing we'll have a online shop by then. Last year we couldn't even shop online so i'm already happy that we can now get Mac in the webshops of douglas and the bijenkorf.

MACina

I hope that you will get it soon!

It is really nice that we can also order MAC at the Douglas online store.

Only the pro store in Amsterdam. All the others are counters, but in the bijenkorf you can get the refills for eyeshadows so that's nice. And since it's a small country it's easier to get to the pro store:) We are also getting a Mac online shop, but they don't know when. We're supposed to get By Request so i'm guessing we'll have a online shop by then. Last year we couldn't even shop online so i'm already happy that we can now get Mac in the webshops of douglas and the bijenkorf.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
That's just ripped off the Asian blogs (and poorly acknowledged where she got it from). Boo!
I don't know about the US, but over here you are only allowed to post the promo pics if you have been sent them directly from MAC/EL. I know bloggers got in trouble before for taking promo pics from Chanel and other brands from other blogs/sites and posting them without permission. Maybe Allura got them sent by MAC/EL PR? Though I wonder if US bloggers already received them, because I haven't seen them on T, etc.

Mac-Guy

I don't know about the US, but over here you are only allowed to post the promo pics if you have been sent them directly from MAC/EL. I know bloggers got in trouble before for taking promo pics from Chanel and other brands from other blogs/sites and posting them without permission. Maybe Allura got them sent by MAC/EL PR? Though I wonder if US bloggers already received them, because I haven't seen them on T, etc.
Well, Allura has a tiny little acknowledgement at the end of her blog post that the images come from the Asian post. Not very classy!

Latest posts