??mac Ccb W/ Oily Eyelids??

ladylynn

Question???? so in the past ive notice that my lids crease when i apply shadow, so i started using a primer/base and it helped so far the UDPP has worked for me. but i wanted to start using MAC'S cream color base! the reason i want to try them is because i sometimes want my shadows to pop even more in terms of color payoff! do any of you have advise?? should I overcome my fear of using it because i have oily lids? should i use it over the primer and be ok? or dont even bother with it????

gigiopolis

CCB's crease for sure. If you're really set on using CCBs, then definitely use UDPP underneath to prevent creasing.

I would suggest Paints or Paintpots instead though, since people usually have better with those in terms of no creasing, but have the added benefit of more color payoff. Even so, if you have really oily lids, I would still suggest using UDPP underneath Paints or Paintpots as well.

xxManBeaterxx

I dont think CCB's are oily-lid friendly, I also think that you should invest in Urban Decay Primer Potion (udpp) and fine some paints and paint pot colors you like, i think ccb's are mostly used on the cheeks.

aziajs

Use a think layer over the primer potion and see how it goes. I also find that if you use a lot of shadow over the ccb it helps to set it. Finally, pat your color on gently so that you don't disturb/move around the ccb and primer underneath.

FiestyFemme

My lids are oily, but I can use CCBs as a base without much problem as long as I use a base underneath the CCB like UD PP, TF SI, or Paints.
I think the key is to use your regular base, and apply the thinnest possible layer of CCB.
I literally tap my finger (no rubbing) on the surface of the CCB a couple times, and that's enough product.

Kiss and Makeup

Shade sticks are a good way of helping to make eyeshadows pop and don't crease on me. I also have oily eyelids and I've had good luck with them.

emeraldjewels

I have really oily lids, I use UDPP under everything. That way i can use paints, paint pots, CCB's or shadesticks with no creasing what so ever. I'll never be without UDPP now.