MAC - Cham Pale Discussion

liba

Spree's from Fabulous Felines. I raved about it and Erine loved it, but somehow it went under the radar, like Fancy Cat, which is also gorgeous.

Mabelle

I ended up with So Lame highlight powder. chilled on ice pp. soiree np. and retrospeck es
my thoughts

so lame: i was surprised with how lightly this went on. i had never bought a highlight powder before, and i suppose i expected the heavy sheen you sometimes get with a msf. initially, i was disappointed, but now i think its probably more versatile and appropriate for everyday wear.
chilled on ice pp: i LOVE this colour, still not 100% sure on the formula. I like that it goes on pretty sheer, so i can layer it where i want to. Ive worn it 3 days now. the first time, i was in a rush, so i put it all over the eye, layered for more intensity on the lid. The second day, same but with da bling in the crease. the last day i did nocturnell and some otter darker colours too. The last day i was finding that the shadows weren't sticking well with it. they were just kind of brushing off, and i found that when i went to blend, it seems to take some of the paint pot off... almost like it was flaking off. I don't know if i put too much on or what, but it was weird. I'm still happy with my purchase though.
soiree np: i usually don't like light nps but this colour is Devinne. the formula is very nice too, and covers in 1 coat.
retrospeck... why did i not own this before? i wanted to get the quad inititally, but realized i hardly touch my light pinks, and although caviar was pretty, i dont like the way light greys look on me...

Mabelle

oh i also tried the comfort cream and i i think im going to buy it!
its so light feeling, but is still hydrating. It smells nice and just absorbs so easily into the skin without leaving any residue. I does seem to sooth my redness too!

singer82

Spree was way too brown for me, I much prefer Bubble Lounge... I paired BL with a smokey eye last night and BL is so gorg paired with smokey eyes! Well I put a light layer of Style Curve under it so it had a light pink color to it...pretty combo by the way. But still would be lovely alone with a smokey eye.

spiderwebs

I think you've all managed to talk me out of Dangerous Cuvee. I love the colour, though. Can anyone think of a way of duplicating the colour, perhaps using Blackground PP or Sharkskin SS as a base with a pigment or shadow over the top?

I had also been wondering whether it is possible to duplicate Chilled On Ice using perhaps Bare Study PP with a pigment or shadow over (maybe White Gold or Reflects gold?)

I wouldn't say these are exact dupes AT ALL, but bases in the DV color range that come to mind off hand MUFE Aqua Cream #3 or NYX Pots and Pans? These may too light silver though in comparison to DV

FlippinFaces360

My favorite products is Comfort cream, lavender fix +, feline e/l, I get on kick kohl e/l, clam mode & bubble lounge. My little nightly facial spa combo: on a clean face spray lavender fix + all over faces then lightly rub comfort cream all over and then spray your fix + OMG Amazinggggg! Also don't forget to apply your clam mode tinted lip conditioner

Lisianthus

Rose Ole is going back. I couldn't pick up any product with my 131 duo-fibre brush and I had to really dig at it with my 165 to get enough product. After all that, I have to pack it on to get any kind of sheen and the colour just disappears.

LMD84

Rose Ole is going back. I couldn't pick up any product with my 131 duo-fibre brush and I had to really dig at it with my 165 to get enough product. After all that, I have to pack it on to get any kind of sheen and the colour just disappears.
oh that sucks :(

User38

LOL! I hear Jaques Cousteau is one sexy dude
graucho.gif
lolol.. Jacques was a sexy dude.. sadly RIP in France -- but yeah my kinda guy reminds me of my Jeff.

as far as my mu pool jumping person, pool jumping is one of my many testing grounds for the ne plus ultra of waterprooofing
pompom.gif

elegant-one

Spree was way too brown for me, I much prefer Bubble Lounge... I paired BL with a smokey eye last night and BL is so gorg paired with smokey eyes! Well I put a light layer of Style Curve under it so it had a light pink color to it...pretty combo by the way. But still would be lovely alone with a smokey eye.
thmbup.gif
yep! & Style Curve is gorgeous by itself - but BL steps it up a sexy notch for sure. I LOVE BL

mtrimier

i had to baby step into the glitter. tried vintage selection with UD's Buck on top and could handle it. without the matte shadow I couldn't stop the disco songs in my head. baby. steps.

DILLIGAF

i had to baby step into the glitter. tried vintage selection with UD's Buck on top and could handle it. without the matte shadow I couldn't stop the disco songs in my head. baby. steps.

Come to Team Glitterphobe we have plenty of room
lol.gif

PinkBasset

I love looking like a disco ball. Dazzling, bright, sparkly, shiny, drag, the more glitter the better - on eyelids. Not so much on cheeks or lips. But I do remember looking hot when my friend emptied a whole tube of holo-glitter on my decoltee-boobie-area when we had a night out. She was tipsy. And we were 18. Then I was like a disco ball covered in diamond dust!
girlhaha.gif

LMD84

I love looking like a disco ball. Dazzling, bright, sparkly, shiny, drag, the more glitter the better - on eyelids. Not so much on cheeks or lips. But I do remember looking hot when my friend emptied a whole tube of holo-glitter on my decoltee-boobie-area when we had a night out. She was tipsy. And we were 18. Then I was like a disco ball covered in diamond dust!
girlhaha.gif
lol! glittery boobs are awesome! hee hee!

Swirlgirl

I had the opposite experience with Rose Ole.
I used it yesterday as a blush (put on with my 168) and it was the perfect, easy, blush/highlight all-in one for me.
I usually like a more sculpted cheek look with a proper contour/blush/highlight, but for me Rose Ole was an easy one-product quickie simple look. I am likely going to pick up a backup because I can see myself using it a lot - especially this spring/summer.

I also am really liking Chilled on Ice p/p. I just tapped that on my eyelids for a pretty shimmery look. I like the gold reflects in this one - it was subtle and pretty. And I am not having the glitter fallout with the paint pots I've tried. I have found that it is easy to over-do it though and then I've gotten kind of a creasy/flaky look. I wish the formula wasn't quite so fussy.

This is a strange collection really full of hits and misses. As someone (Meg? Her Greyness?) said a few pages ago, this collection really would have benefited had MAC added just a few more matte/satin products in the mix.

lilithsnake6

I found my way to make Flustered work finally! I lined my lips with Dervish (which is practically my lip color but slightly pinker), then applied Flustered really lightly so it's just a sheen over pink and then added Frankly Fresh lipglass as a nude. It's a nude lip but with a sheen kick. Btw, today I paired that with Nanogold and Let Me Pop on my eyes with smolder as liner & IGNK as inner eye highlight. Then Prim & Proper blush with Chez Chez Lame highlight.

User38

^sounds lovely lilith..I do like flustered and have used pinks, beiges and bronzes on top.. and they all work beautifully. Dervish is a great colour for it, but I have been using my BBQ.. which I hog and only use with lightest shades I have.