MAC - Cham Pale Discussion

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
I bought one Feline the first time it came out, used it a couple of times and now I keep it "just because". That mess smudges like nothing else, I just don't get the hype. I will tout the greatness of UD's Zero - which is just as black, if not blacker, if that's even possible, AND it doesn't budge - and all of the 24/7 eyeliners in general - from now on!
th_worship.gif

But try it... it might work for you. My bet is that you'll go back to Zero!
winks.gif

I don't care for Feline either. I bought it first time around and then gave it to my daughter. It just didn't last on me. I saw it at a CCO in Vegas, (can't remember if it was the one in Vegas or Primm) but skipped it.

I use UD Zero and and MUFE aqua liners. I can't remember what number their black is right now. The UD and MUFE liners last more than anything on me. Especially if I use the Chromagraphic Pencil NC15/NW20 and then liner. It will not budge. I have to really work to get it off.

Purrple

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
I dont know quite how I feel about this collection Cham Pale I am thinking golds and ambers maybe some nudes pearlescent finishes. As for the quad I wonder why caviar would be the name and how they are going to make it fit with the theme of caviar.The quad sounds like it could have potential tho color wise I mean some caviar is pretty -i wont eat it lol- but the colors can be very pretty with ambers reds and different shade of browns. I guess we will see.

Oh, I hope it isn't so.
ssad.gif
golds, ambers and reds are pretty, but not on my pale face. Also, I'm oily, so I'm interested in the highlight powders, but there's a good chance I'll pass, since highlight and dewey often translates as greasy on me. Skipping Feline too, since if my one Smolder is anything to go by, mac kohls are super smudgey.

I'm still very excited, cause I'm pale, but I'm afraid nothing from this will look good on me anyway, wtf :|

LMD84

Quote:
I bought one Feline the first time it came out, used it a couple of times and now I keep it "just because". That mess smudges like nothing else, I just don't get the hype. I will tout the greatness of UD's Zero - which is just as black, if not blacker, if that's even possible, AND it doesn't budge - and all of the 24/7 eyeliners in general - from now on!
th_worship.gif

winks.gif

oh you are making me wonder if i should waste my money now! perhaps seeing as zero works so well for me i should just stick with what i know is good?!

spunky

Quote:
th_worship.gif

winks.gif

really? i wonder why it's got so hyped then? if it smudges so badly then i'm not going to bother
nope.gif

mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Fafinette14
I'd be the exception...I tried it a few times when I was a kid and loved the stuff. I'd guess it's all a matter of personal taste.

Looking forward to the new eye kohl though! If they're mentioning caviar in the quad, maybe the kohl would be champagne-coloured, or a black/blackened taupe with gold pearl.
th_wink3.gif

th_drool.gif

for a while, I had a whole lot of trouble with my feline smudging under my eyes badly, but now I put it on my waterline and put some black shadow on top and it doesn't budge
smiles.gif
, but thats probably too much trouble if you already have something that works so well for you.

zcraa78

Feline smudges very very badly on me also! It didn't live up to the hype for me personally (though I think I may just have exceptionally oily eyelids)...I tried setting it with carbon on top but alas, the result was the same
ssad.gif
really want to try MUFE's black liner instead!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
really? i wonder why it's got so hyped then? if it smudges so badly then i'm not going to bother
nope.gif

It is really, really, really black. And for some it works and does not smudge.
As always with eyeliners, YMMV.
Everyone loves the 24/ and the MUFE Aqua liners. Not working for me, but Feline does
th_dunno.gif

Best is to try it for yourself.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrple
Oh, I hope it isn't so.
ssad.gif
golds, ambers and reds are pretty, but not on my pale face. Also, I'm oily, so I'm interested in the highlight powders, but there's a good chance I'll pass, since highlight and dewey often translates as greasy on me. Skipping Feline too, since if my one Smolder is anything to go by, mac kohls are super smudgey.

I'm still very excited, cause I'm pale, but I'm afraid nothing from this will look good on me anyway, wtf :|

Im afraid nothing from the sounds of this collection will work on me either I am warmer tone and not light but not medium so pale colors
ssad.gif
not to mention im more into the bright ie Dare to wear colors than subdued and softer. I guess we will see sometimes the collection turns out not to match the name and it could be something none of us guessed.

Purrple

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
Im afraid nothing from the sounds of this collection will work on me either I am warmer tone and not light but not medium so pale colors
ssad.gif
not to mention im more into the bright ie Dare to wear colors than subdued and softer. I guess we will see sometimes the collection turns out not to match the name and it could be something none of us guessed.

I'm pale and cool-toned and I wonder if anything will look good on me, too. If caviar dreams have anything to do with red caviar, it'll give me that 'punched in the eye' look. If the highlight powders are golden, I pass, cause I'm tired of gold everywhere and highlighters are usually not a good idea on my oily face.

I'm not really interested in lip gelees, lip sticks or mac's skincare and my one mac kohl is incredibly smudgy. lol, I really want to love this, cause I'm pale, but it might just not happen
th_LMAO.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrple
I'm pale and cool-toned and I wonder if anything will look good on me, too. If caviar dreams have anything to do with red caviar, it'll give me that 'punched in the eye' look. If the highlight powders are golden, I pass, cause I'm tired of gold everywhere and highlighters are usually not a good idea on my oily face.

I'm not really interested in lip gelees, lip sticks or mac's skincare and my one mac kohl is incredibly smudgy. lol, I really want to love this, cause I'm pale, but it might just not happen
th_LMAO.gif

Maybe they will have something for you keep hope. I am looking at it like this whats the worst that can happen with this collection...nothing I like or nothing that will work for me oh well more money for something on my permanent list or money I can put towards another collection I do like and will work for me.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
The name of the collection seems a little off putting.

Champale was this cheesy malt liquor for swingers when I was a kid, which makes the name of this collection sort of awkward and hilarious at the same time.
worms.gif

champale.jpg

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Champale was this cheesy malt liquor for swingers when I was a kid, which makes the name of this collection sort of awkward and hilarious at the same time.
worms.gif

champale.jpg

lol! nice advert!
smiles.gif

AndSparkle

I want the lip gelees.. they are the only lip gloss that hair doesn't stick to.. plus, I was stupid and missed the Lillyland ones (I didn't know it was online exclusive) so I need to make up bigtime!

Also, I want Grand Entrance back too! It's the most perfect nude colour for me, and completely opens my eyes up
greengrin.gif

MzzRach

I like Feline for my waterline as it is so soft and has good "glide". I have the UD Zero pencil too and love it as well.

I also use Feline as a base for smokey looks - I used it for this look - all I am wearing is Feline (blended as a base for the shadow, as well as on the waterline) and Sweet Sienna pigment. I have found it holds up really well for looks like this, but everyone's experience is not the same.
winkiss.gif

smokey2-vi.jpg

smokey1-vi.jpg

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I like Feline for my waterline as it is so soft and has good "glide". I have the UD Zero pencil too and love it as well.

I also use Feline as a base for smokey looks - I used it for this look - all I am wearing is Feline (blended as a base for the shadow, as well as on the waterline) and Sweet Sienna pigment. I have found it holds up really well for looks like this, but everyone's experience is not the same.
winkiss.gif

smokey2-vi.jpg

smokey1-vi.jpg

Very pretty I haven't yet mastered the art of a black smokey eye

PinkBasset

Was that the challenge look you did MzzRach? It's very nice!
yes.gif

I have used my Feline maybe once or twice. For some reason I often forgot that I have it when I reach out for a black liner.
shockt.gif
I have to try it again next time.