MAC Chestnut LipLiner >

doniad101

Do I pair this with something? Would it look weird with a clear lipgloss? I'm not too familiar with lipliners so any help/suggestions/tutorials on it would truly be appreciated. Thanks!
thmbup.gif

lilchocolatema

You can wear Chestnut with almost anything. It will be pretty with a clear lipglass, or with any other color. The only thing I wouldn't pair it with is reds and pinks, I would wear Currant, Vino, Velveeta or Nightmoth with those.

calbear

All hail the Chestnut Lipliner!!!! That is the best product MAC has. It is literally the creamiest smoothes lipliner they EVER had/ have. It blends so well with darn near everything as lil mama metioned above.

Although Nightmoth is my 2nd favorite in the lipliner category for when I am doing a pink but I am giving Chestnut two snaps in a MAC formation (in my best Blaine voice from In Living Color)

ARmakeupjunkie

Can you guys give any other suggestions for liners? I am a NW45 and I have Chestnut and Plum. I am thinking about Cranapple Cremestick. I need something that's going to keep my pinks pink and my reds red. I don't wear lipstick too often, mostly gloss. I know liner gives a little more color which I why I feel I need more than what I have. Any suggestions would be great.

saj20052006

Chestnut is a must have. I keep 3 on hands at all times.

Try Mahogany and Nightmoth. These are the only 3 pencils I use and I recently swapped from NW45 to NC50 because my undertones are much more golden.

Here are a list of some of the lip colors that I use them with:

Plum L/S
Honeyflower L/S
Garden Lustreglass
Opal Lustreglass
Venetian Lustreglass
Jist L/S
Fetish L/S
Spirted Lipglass
Vivan Glam IV Lipglass and L/S

MAC_Pixie04

chestnut used to be my staple, it certainly does work well on two toned lips and on us darker sistahs. i've not tried nightmoth, but i always hear good things about it. is it really as awesome as people say?

ebonyannette

^ Yes chestnut is the bomb especially for lining your lips when your doing nude or peachy lips. I personally LOVE Nightmoth I couldnt wear red lipstick without it (NW55)