MAC - Cinematics / Colorization Discussion

LMD84

well never mind. i guess we won't be getting the single shadows for whatever reason :( kinda sucks! and i never wanted a brush kit or anything. i have bought more semi precious items instead!

Mac-Guy

I just ordered Performance Art, Raving Mad, Dressing Room, and Indie Spirit. Ta-tah!
flower.gif

rockin

Alll I want is some of the individual shadows :( I thought they were supposed to be "international only". Is the UK not considered international?

Mac-Guy

Alll I want is some of the individual shadows :( I thought they were supposed to be "international only". Is the UK not considered international?

Is it possible that these are just sold at the f/s stores and selected counters? Maybe they are exclusive to a certain store (Harrods, Selfridges, etc. - it's worth checking out).

I ordered mine through a high end store in Munich as the other online sellers had only the pre-made duos.

rockin

Is it possible that these are just sold at the f/s stores and selected counters? Maybe they are exclusive to a certain store (Harrods, Selfridges, etc. - it's worth checking out).

I ordered mine through a high end store in Munich as the other online sellers had only the pre-made duos.
I can't get to any f/s stores or counters, so don't stand a chance if that's the case.

Mac-Guy

yahoo.gif
Hum-hum, I hope you'd like these... Tell us when you'll get them.

I might actually have to wait until October to get them as I shipped them to an address in Germany. I'm suspicious of postal service and customs, especially with LE articles.

MrsB

Plus one or two SP items I have the brushes, and two duos pending but I'm waiting to see if those singles appear - not read back yet so apologies if there has been news on this, but I'm not ordering from MAC at all until they resolve some issues....suddenly they only do standard delivery to my postcode - wtf?!! Selfridges may be my only option for MAC now, at least they will do named day or next day :( Plus I got my strobe cream and a blush in a black bubble mailer, no box yesterday - what is going on with my beloved MAC service?!! :(

mousygiggles

I am waiting to swatch them in person. I just got a Nara duo and the Ud anniversary palette so these maybe a total skip.

Mac-Guy

Sooooooooo loooooooong.............
It's ok for me to wait. I might get the items earlier, but if not, it will be fine too. I rather pick them up in person (or get them hand-delivered) than running the risk of unreliable postal service. Luckily, there are enough other collections coming up in the next few weeks to keep me busy.

shontay07108

I think I'll end up skipping these shadows and wait for more exciting products. What I really wanted was that Reel Drama lip bag, but I didn't want to order from Nordstroms. Bummer.

princess sarah

ooooo excitement... wonder when we here in Aus will get it, oh well will add it to next weeks mac order from Canda.. HAHA!

princess sarah

already got my eyes one 1 duo... no idea when this hits Aus but i think i wont be able to help myself and order at least that 1...purple and yellow! Love the pink but not so keen on the grey that its with.

Couple of eyeliners that caught my attention too. think im going to have to go and have a swatch check at my local mac counter

LMD84

already got my eyes one 1 duo... no idea when this hits Aus but i think i wont be able to help myself and order at least that 1...purple and yellow! Love the pink but not so keen on the grey that its with.

Couple of eyeliners that caught my attention too. think im going to have to go and have a swatch check at my local mac counter
i think you guys are usually a month behind europe so perhaps next month you guys will get this :)

Fianna

I was at my counter in Munich yesterday to look at the new refills in person. Since some of the refills are repromotes or permanent I only concentrated on the new ones.

Indie Spirit reminded me a lot of MAC Swiss Chocolate. It's a warm medium brown.

Waterfront is a medium caribbean blue. I've swatched it next to Freshwater and they were almost identical. Since I already own Freshwater there was no need to buy Waterfront

Performance Art reminded me a lot of Chanel Fauve without the multicolor sparkle. However it seemed a little gritty and the pigmentation wasn't that great. One of the employees there said though, that her Performance Art (she wore it that day) was nothing like the tester.

Medallions is a cool light pink. Pigmentation was great and it reminded me of MAC Ego (Starflash) just a little bit pinker perhaps.

Dressing Room is a medium pink. Really pretty and good pigmentation. I was really tempted to buy that one but since I don't use pink a lot it had to stay there.

Melt my Heart (out of one of the Tartan Tale palettes) is a pretty silver with good pigmentation but I didn't think it was special enough to buy it.

Vintage Bloom and Raving Mad were both to warm toned or rather to red for my likings. So I didn't regard them further.

In the end I bought Look at the Eyes and Green Room.

I've compared Look at the Eyes to Beautiful Iris but it seemed different enough to me to own both. If I had to choose I would pick Look at the eyes though since I think it's the prettier of the two (at last for me). It's a silvered lilac with a dusty feel to it. So pretty. <3

I don't think I own something like Green Room already. It's a really pretty cool toned green which leans on the blue side. I'm totally looking forward to using that one.

Perhaps I'll be able to do a few comparison swatches today in the afternoon. I'll keep you posted. :)