Mac colors Brown

Kleinee

I would like to buy some more mac eyeshadows in the color brown because I have brown eyes and brown hair. Which colors would you recommand me? Is there a big difference between Swiss Chocolate and Copperplate?

Thx for your advice!

erine1881

Copperplate is grey, Swiss Chocolate is a medium tone red brown-HUGE difference between the two, seeing as how Copperplate isn't even brown. There's a huge range of brown colours-warm, cool, neutral-so without narrowing it down to specific category of browns, it's hard to choose.

Kleinee

Copperplate is grey, Swiss Chocolate is a medium tone red brown-HUGE difference between the two, seeing as how Copperplate isn't even brown. There's a huge range of brown colours-warm, cool, neutral-so without narrowing it down to specific category of browns, it's hard to choose.

ooh ok, I haven't noticed this on the website. That isn't really clear when you compare them there.

erine1881

ooh ok, I haven't noticed this on the website. That isn't really clear when you compare them there.
Do you have a favourite finish? That will also help narrow it down as well. If you prefer mattes, some excellent matte browns that i think are essential are -brown script (orange brown) -embark (red brown) -brun (deep grey brown) -charcoal brown (medium brown-great for brows) -saddle (medium orange brown) -soft brown (very light orange cream brown) -handwritten (chocolate) -swiss chocolate (medium red brown) Now that's just matte browns. Then there's the other finishes...

Kleinee

Now that's just matte browns. Then there's the other finishes...
Thanks for your advice! I prefer the mattes actually so your suggested colors came out handy :) Unfortunately saddle isn't available in the online store in Belgium.

CydYoshi

Thanks for your advice! I prefer the mattes actually so your suggested colors came out handy :) Unfortunately saddle isn't available in the online store in Belgium.
Yes, it's the same thing for Soft brown.
I really wanted to try it...
cry.gif

Kleinee

I don't really understand on which basis they make the decision which colors will be sold in the different countries.

CydYoshi

I got soft brown in the palette from the collection art of eye. It really is a nice color.
I've hesitated to get this palette to have soft brown.
But I already have Shroom and I did not really like the other two colors...So i skipped it.
Maybe I should not have
hmm.gif

Kleinee

I've hesitated to get this palette to have soft brown.
But I already have Shroom and I did not really like the other two colors...So i skipped it.
Maybe I should not have
hmm.gif
It would probably be again available later on in a pallet I guess.