MAC Consultation for Wedding = Today!! HELP!!

jennystalin

Today i'm having the cosultation for my freelance MUA for my wedding today at the MAC store. I know she'll give me some great color advice, but I thought I'd ask you girls first for some ideas.

I really want something different and dramatic, but still very elegant.
my wedding is lots of ivory and gold

Here's me:
000_0781.jpg

here's the detail on my dress:
dressresize1.jpg

i dont' know if i want to do a smokey eye, which would be really dramatic.....

or just something like some woodwinked and gorgeous gold for the eye and some pale pink for lips.....

karen

I think you would be gorgeous with champagne and neutral eyes, a soft gold-tinged pink lip, and soft pink cheeks.

I did smoky eyes a lot for people's weddings because almost everyone says they want them. It usually looks a bit too overdone, imo. When you have a really ornate dress and MAY end up crying that day, I think it's better to go softer. It looks prettier and less dated in the pictures, as well.

edit to add: your idea does sound nice, btw(the smoky eye/pale pink lip combo). I'm more worried about the colours necessary for a smoky eye being very easy to streak/smudge/wear off. I would only recommend that combo if you are SURE you won't cry and are getting your makeup done very close to the time of the wedding.

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen
edit to add: your idea does sound nice, btw. I'm more worried about those particular eye makeup colours being very easy to streak/smudge/wear off. I would only reccomend that combo if you are SURE you won't cry and are getting your makeup done very close to the time of the wedding.

I totally agree with you about the crying. My friend really wanted me to do a purple eye look on her for her wedding, and she wanted it so I did it. She cried a lot at the wedding and the reception, so I ended up chasing her around most of the night with a tissue and eye brushes. I learned my lesson after that so if I do someone's makeup for an event where they're going to cry, I recommend colors that won't look like zombie makeup if they run with the tears.

karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I totally agree with you about the crying. My friend really wanted me to do a purple eye look on her for her wedding, and she wanted it so I did it. She cried a lot at the wedding and the reception, so I ended up chasing her around most of the night with a tissue and eye brushes. I learned my lesson after that so if I do someone's makeup for an event where they're going to cry, I recommend colors that won't look like zombie makeup if they run with the tears.

lol, exactly! Seriously, 99% of people who came to our studio for wedding makeup asked for the smoky eye. I always told them it would likely be more trouble than it's worth, but quite a few would want it anyway. I hope it stayed put on them; but you know, I warned them! I really do think the softer colours look lovely in wedding photos, too.

KJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen
I think you would be gorgeous with champagne and neutral eyes, a soft gold-tinged pink lip, and soft pink cheeks.

That sounds really lovely - I second it!

vicuna1

You really want a classic look for this day. In a few years, people will see pictures of their beloved smoky eye and so, "Oh, how turn of the century!"

Shimmer

go soft for your wedding. You can definitely be dramatic and still soft but yeah, tears will wreak havok on your look if you're not careful. I used soft pinks in mine, and I can see pics where it's like...whoa. TOUCHUPNEEDED!!!
who designed your dress? (Only asking because I used to manage a bridal store in my area and I still love wedding dresses)

BlahWah

I did my own makeup for my wedding but went to MAC for a consultation. I used Honesty and Trax (dont' remember what I did cuz I didn't really know what I was doing!), and it came out quite natural but Trax gave the look a soft hint of colour b/c it's easy to build up. I wish I chose something other than Honesty, tho, b/c the lustre didn't show up and I wanted my eyes to be brighter. Slightly off-topic, I also used falsies so I didn't have to use mascara or liner, so less makeup to run down my face when I cried.

bellamia

So what would you's ladies suggest regarding a wedding No eyeliner or Yes to it, and/or false lashes to replace mascara or no. I'm doing a wedding in June. Granted I done makeup for people who were going to be in a wedding but I've never done a bride before so I'm a lot nervous. Please bring on the suggestions, comments everything excepted thanks so much.
wavey.gif

karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamia
So what would you's ladies suggest regarding a wedding No eyeliner or Yes to it, and/or false lashes to replace mascara or no. I'm doing a wedding in June. Granted I done makeup for people who were going to be in a wedding but I've never done a bride before so I'm a lot nervous. Please bring on the suggestions, comments everything excepted thanks so much.
wavey.gif

definitely false lashes.
I do suggest eyeliner, but mostly on the top, and just dotted between lashes on lower. Both in an understated brown. Liquid runs worse than pencil(pencil tends to disappear more often than it smudges), so I do suggest a good waterproof pencil.

jennystalin

thanks so much for your advice.

the look my MUA did on me last night was great. although we're switching up some things a bit.

she used some woodwinked on the lid and we're changing the brown for the crease, but it was not too dark at all.

we're definatly doing the false lashes, i've never had them, so i'm excited.

and a light pink lip.

it looked great last night, so i'm not worried at all, and i have plenty of time to perfect the look.

and i definatly don't want to do too dark, becuase i don't want it to look dated in photos, so thanks so much for the advice.

smiles.gif

p.s. my dress designer is Private Label by G.

bellamia

Thanks Karen

I have a demo with the bride this saturday I'll definitely will try it out. Thanks again
wavey.gif