MAC Cosmetics Career Fair

milkjunkee

Hello everyone, I'm new here (sure you've all heard that a few times lol)

I had a question about the MAC Career fairs. There are a about 4 of them going on this month in my area. Would it be wrong to go to all 4? Is there a restriction on being able to go to only one?
I wanted to go to at least three diff locations, to gain experience and maybe better my chances.

Anyone that can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

XO

Aspiring MUA

I know this is a few months old, but what did you type into craiglist to find those fairs?? i never seem to find anything like that.

daisybuti

In UK all MAC stores recruit new members every July once they have been given a budget. I worked as a temp in 2012 for Xmas and got told that July is when they hire for perms.

Ive recently applied but you have to look out for it online using the estee lauder recruitment site, where you have to fill out a form, then see if your shortlisted onto their telephone interview, and then if you pass that, you'd then have to wait for a face to face with the AM.... and obviously if you pass that you would then need to go for your make up/trade test.... and if you pass that... then your in lol unless you need to do your store approval which is pretty easy.

When I had my interview it was 1 to 1 all the way, even tho for xmas temps they hired a few of us... but this year my cousin applied for the July interviews and they did it so that there was a group of them at a time doing the make up test, they dont swap models or anything. She got it in the end, they mainly looked at your make up knowledge and how you would sell the products and teach them to customers.

I believe its a bit more strict in US tho..