MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Got my Possum Nose & Hot Frost lgs

Hot Frost is a pretty saucy pink, but I'm in love with PN! It is the prettiest dazzleglassy coral reddish pink on my lips ever!!! It even makes my lips look plumped up & very full. A new fave.

I got my Dame Edna today!!
yahoo.gif
And I love the lippies!! I got Possum Nose Pink
heart.gif
, Hot Frost, Gladiola and Kangarouge.

And... I love the Highlight Powder!! It looks gorgeous over a blush!
thmbup.gif
Such a pretty sheen.

Wisteria Trio is the nicer Trio IMO.

Awesome collection!! The stickers aren't that pretty but not as worse as the Fafi ones.

sigh.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrabassoon
It's understandable that the High-Light powders are so pale because they're supposed to act as a HIGH LIGHT and not blush. They're not like the beauty powders, which give you a nice flush.

iagree.gif
But they are gorgeous over a blush
drools.gif

coachkitten

Now I want Possum Nose Pink since you all are raving about it! Time to make another MAC order I guess. Susanne I am SO happy that you finally got your stuff!!
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

I think that these stickers, in a way, are worse than the Fafi ones. Sure, the glasses are prettier, but at least the Fafi ones all stayed on. At least, all of mine are still on (and I'm hardly a gentle girl) - none of this coming off as you take them out of the box deal.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Now I want Possum Nose Pink since you all are raving about it! Time to make another MAC order I guess. Susanne I am SO happy that you finally got your stuff!!
smiles.gif

Thank you!
th_hug.gif
Waiting has been worth again
smiles.gif

contrabassoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Most people's definition of "highlight" is reflective, catching the light shimmer or frost. The drag definition is pale compared to dark. These things would work for theatrical makeup, since when layered heavily they create a ghostly pale matte color. These do not work in everyday situations unless someone wants to have the obvious simulated highlight, and pair it with contouring using handwritten eyeshadow.

Sorry if that sounds mean. I just wish MAC would NOT release crappy or niche items unless it's MAC-store or Pro. These things are too hard to use for the average customer, and ME the MAC artist is expected to sell it to both drag queens and soccer moms. Ugh!!

It's not mean in the slightest. I absolutely agree with you too, a high light powder should reflect light. I think these powders are ghastly, and would not purchase them myself for every day use.
I thought it necessary to clear up the high light thing since so many people expected beautiful powders but instead they came up with talc in a compact. Personally I loved the collection, but the powders are crap for daily use.

P.S.: Soccer moms
lol.gif

GlamQueen21

I purchased the Kanga Rouge and Hot Frost today and last time I purchased it, my card was declined. So, I thought about getting the beauty powder so I skipped it. I'm now done purchasing MAC for now... or am I? lol I may end up getting something else on there or off of Ebay.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
elegant-one, you and I are so similar, I'm head in heels in love with Possum Nose Pink! (Splendid too) but I'm so happy I didn't pass over this collection like I was going to originally.

Oh yes we are!!! Lips, eyes...uh huh
yes.gif

I love, love, love Possum Nose...& gosh what a funny name. It is such a gorgeous color.

Also, I got to go to Nordies today (yay!) Now I'm really really glad that I ordered Coral Polyp & Gladiola after seeing them in person!!! They're both Gorgeous. And yes, they sheer out beautifully too.

I'm sooooo glad you love that color
winkiss.gif

elegant-one

OK, the board is freakin out tonight trying to load & post
th_dunno.gif

So, I tried to multi-quote all you crazies that just got or want to get Possum Nose
lol.gif
& its not working - you have no quote buttons as of now.

It is so so so pretty! Especially if you like that pretty pink coral in the summer. Its fabulous dahlings

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
OK, the board is freakin out tonight trying to load & post
th_dunno.gif

So, I tried to multi-quote all you crazies that just got or want to get Possum Nose
lol.gif
& its not working - you have no quote buttons as of now.

It is so so so pretty! Especially if you like that pretty pink coral in the summer. Its fabulous dahlings

The board is definitely freaking out tonight. And has been ever since the layout change...

stv578

I didn't swatch Possum Nose pink, wasn't going to consider it, but there goes Elegant-One, being a rather convincing enabler!
lol.gif

I'll see if it's still around when I get my BBR...

lipglosseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Hahaha so true! we just got cremesheen and metal urge last week and still there is no sign for the permanent minerlise collection or the sheer minerals
ssad.gif
so i'll be waiting a very long time for dame edna, chill, hello kitty and BBR
thmbdn.gif

So i guess i've got it really baaaaaad, worse than Germany, Australia and Istanbul
ssad.gif

Same here!! The "current" collection over here? Cool Heat!! Cool freakin Heat!!
thmbdn.gif

Miss QQ

The board has gone crazy and not being able to login here drives me crazy. I saw this collection yesterday and have swatches of the lippies and varnishes which I will upload when the site is up.

My counter has the display out but no stocks yet, again! The other MAC counter across the street has stocks. I haven't buy any yet. I tried Kanga Rouge, Coral Polyp and Splendid on my lips. Kanga Rouge and Coral Polyp are gorgeous, although drying for my lips. Coral Polyp sheer out nicely, like what elegant-one said. Splendid is creamy and opaque, but too pale on me. Posum Nose Pink is sheer but with lots of glitters, and I may buy this because it has so much love here.