MAC Cream Lipstick in Rizzo

Hello! I am still fairly new here, so please bear with me. This is my first thread and hoping I do this correctly. I have been a MAC Collector for many years but have come across something that has stumped me. I am wondering if anyone can help me solve a question related to the MAC Cream lipstick in Rizzo.

This lipstick was once a favorite of mine. I do not remember when I first purchased it but came across it buried in my stash recently and was thinking about trying to locate another one for backup. I have seen a small select few listed on eBay for sale for outrageous prices over the last few months.

The first picture below resembles a photo similar to the actual tube that I own, the second picture is one that I found for sale online. The vast difference in packaging makes me wonder if this lipstick was released more than once?

I have done a lot of digging and can only find information that this lipstick was first released in 1998 in the Shades of Venus collection long discontinued and I have also heard that it was also in a LE palette released by Nordstrom around the same time.

Help?? Does anyone remember this lipstick being released again to the more current bullet shaped tube that we all are so familiar with??

298501220_tp.jpg

*This picture was posted in an eBay listing by user nikkelsndimes-This is almost identical to the tube I own
MACRizzo.jpg

*This picture posted in eBay listing for usernewbabybaby-I have never seen this packaging before in this color.

Please understand I am not disputing the authenticity of either listing I am just trying to get other opinions as to if this product was in fact released more than once.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Thanks so much! I appreciate the reply and figured that you were right before I posted. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. Happy Holidays!

arvika

A girl in MAC_Cosmetics on Livejournal sold me a Rizzo that is in the more current bullet tube...The batch code appears to say that it was made in 2001. With the exception of the tube having no finish listed on it...it seems genuine. Now I'm worried it might be a fake...She used it once and she sold it to me for thirty dollars.