MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

spunky

Ooh, I love Red Dwarf! I hope any new series is as good as the others. I must admit, I am tempted to buy the lipstick for the name, too lol.

did you see the new ones they did last year? they weren't as good as the originals, but they were better than most of the rubbish on our tellies!

xasperadastra

what do you think about vintage grape? does it have a good texture? is easy to blend? is it too dark for NC 20? ^^ I like a lot of stuff from this collection... but of course I'm waiting for swatches ^^

martiangurll

Aurora pigment sounds gorgeous. I am liking the sound of the quad too. Love these names--I would like a whole Space themed collection! (another one or two or three that is)

rockin

Does anyone else find they can't help singing along to the Red Dwarf theme tune? lol. It's going through my head right now, in fact

chromatrix

We need a whole Red Dwarf collection. Stuff based off the Cat's outfits & duochromes based off Rimmer's outfits. I'll take 50 or whatever the season 5 (or 6 was it?) blue/purple jacket is. Like a really saturated version of cornflower, that would be.

Ok, I'll shut up now since I am being punished with the Rimmerworld song in my head.

User38

i hear voices..
yahoo.gif

GlamQueen21

what do you think about vintage grape? does it have a good texture? is easy to blend? is it too dark for NC 20? ^^ I like a lot of stuff from this collection... but of course I'm waiting for swatches ^^
Vintage Grape Blush Ombre is so gorgeous!! It does a really good texture and is easy to blend. For your NC20 skintone, I would use a light hand for application.

Polaris

Has anyone tried the blush ombres with a nc37 skintone or darker? I'm really interested in these blushes. =D

spunky

Has anyone tried the blush ombres with a nc37 skintone or darker? I'm really interested in these blushes. =D

Have you looked in these threads? They should have some useful swatches for you :)

http://www.specktra.net/t/155318/mac-spring-colour-forecast-feb-10 - that's the master swatch thread for the original release of the blush ombres
http://www.specktra.net/t/160167/woc-blush-ombres-from-spring-colour-forecast - that's the WOC/blush ombre-specific thread :)

Richelle83

Have you looked in these threads? They should have some useful swatches for you :)http://www.specktra.net/t/155318/mac-spring-colour-forecast-feb-10 - that's the master swatch thread for the original release of the blush ombreshttp://www.specktra.net/t/160167/woc-blush-ombres-from-spring-colour-forecast - that's the WOC/blush ombre-specific thread :)

Thank you for this!

I see how great quads were back then, they pretty much suck right now. That's ok, money saved lol.

OctoberViolet

Thank you spunky. How I loved this collection!!!! I still have some of the lippies from it: Phlox, Bubblegum & Pink Burst. My beloved Radicchio lipstick has been finished for awhile now. I loved that color and hope it will be re-promoted sometime in the future. I also still have the Quad3-Purple from this collection, it's getting to the nittygritty end of it though. Great shadows!!! I feel bad that I didn't pick-up any of the blush ombres then since I now know about them. I'm dreaming for another collection like this one.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Have you looked in these threads? They should have some useful swatches for you :)http://www.specktra.net/t/155318/mac-spring-colour-forecast-feb-10 - that's the master swatch thread for the original release of the blush ombreshttp://www.specktra.net/t/160167/woc-blush-ombres-from-spring-colour-forecast - that's the WOC/blush ombre-specific thread :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thank you spunky. How I loved this collection!!!! I still have some of the lippies from it: Phlox, Bubblegum & Pink Burst. My beloved Radicchio lipstick has been finished for awhile now. I loved that color and hope it will be re-promoted sometime in the future. I also still have the Quad3-Purple from this collection, it's getting to the nittygritty end of it though. Great shadows!!! I feel bad that I didn't pick-up any of the blush ombres then since I now know about them. I'm dreaming for another collection like this one.
th_e2cloud9.gif
I swear I bought about three quarters or more of that collection. Spring collex are hit-or-miss with me, but that one just seemed to have a ton of colours I liked and it filled in a lot of gaps in my collection. Even the shades that I didn't necessarily think would work on me turned out great. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more repromotes from it, but there were a lot of strays hanging around on the web site, so maybe it didn't sell that well. Other than the Blush Ombres, which seemed to fly. I'm happy to have them back, but I'd also love to see some new shades. A nice, cool red maybe?

spunky

I find it a little tricky to work with. If I use a very light hand, it doesn't seem to show up, but if I build it up *bam* it's too heavy. It's a nice enough plum blush, but I didn't find the texture as nice as the other BOs.
I swear I bought about three quarters or more of that collection. Spring collex are hit-or-miss with me, but that one just seemed to have a ton of colours I liked and it filled in a lot of gaps in my collection. Even the shades that I didn't necessarily think would work on me turned out great. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more repromotes from it, but there were a lot of strays hanging around on the web site, so maybe it didn't sell that well. Other than the Blush Ombres, which seemed to fly. I'm happy to have them back, but I'd also love to see some new shades. A nice, cool red maybe?
Same. I actually got 2 hauls, and found that I liked more than I thought I would. And a cool red blush ombre would be lovely! Or an ombre version of the old sculpt/shape powder duos!

OctoberViolet

A cool red blush ombre would make me sing & dance. I can't do either...lol.
eyelove.gif

I find it a little tricky to work with. If I use a very light hand, it doesn't seem to show up, but if I build it up *bam* it's too heavy. It's a nice enough plum blush, but I didn't find the texture as nice as the other BOs.

Piarpreet

Have u tried dirty plum? I think darker colors r really sexy on pale gyals like us

cutemiauw

I'm NC42 and I have Azalea Blossom. I really like it on me. It's a subtle cool pink blush that still suited my complexion. It doesn't turn ashy, and I'm still using it now (which is a good sign that a product is good ;) )