MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

bellaboomboom

This collection is killing me....now I have to have backups of my favorites. I am going to go broke.
mac_atemywallet.gif
I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this collection.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am not sure if this has been posted or not, but this blog shows a swatch of Shock-a-holic and Sugarpill Poison Plum. They look nearly identical to me. I have PP and love it. It is a dream to work with...

Dare To Wear Show and Tell Vintage or Tacky

Thanks Audrey for this link! I have PP and I was wondering how close it was to SAH. Problem is, I still might want Shock-a-holic even though they look pretty much the same and I bet PP is better in pigmentation.

banana1234

can anyone do a swatch comparison of gimmie that and any other similar glosses they have? i really want to be talked out of it

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
This collection is killing me....now I have to have backups of my favorites. I am going to go broke.
mac_atemywallet.gif
I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this collection.

iagree.gif

This is the real C Shock follower I have waited for for three years!

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i should have ordered gimmie that,i might go into mac after work on thursday. or can i wait til sunday? hmm

I wouldn't wait 'til Sunday, this has been selling out pretty fast. I think Erin said they got them in on Thurs & sold out Friday.
thud.gif

..oh yeah, here it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
these came out on thursday. we sold out of ban this and gimme that friday night.

Flaminbird

I used Shock-aholic today and it's very pigmented for me at least. I used Freshwater on the lid and Shock-aholic on the V/crease.

Susanne

^^^ Great combo with Freshwater!
thmbup.gif

I will go to the movies tomorrow wearing some of my Dare To Wear goodies
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerydwen
Can anyone tell me how long MAC usually take to ship orders - I ordered yesterday morning, before this collection was properly up on the website, by searching for the individual items on MAC's website. They sent a confirmation email, which said they would email when the order had been shipped - this email has not yet arrived and now I'm panicking in case my order didn't go through properly because the collection wasn't fully 'on-line' when I placed the order
ssad.gif

I know I'm probably worrying over nothing
smash.gif
, but if anyone can reassure me regarding MAC's usual timeframes for dispatching orders I'd be very grateful.
th_kiss.gif

don't worry hun
th_hug.gif
i bet our stuff will arrive tommorow and be dispatched tonight. usually they send a dispatch email late the night before it arrives
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
iagree.gif

Amen to that!

Soul Unique

I checked the account again earlier and my order has been dispatched, as said MAC send an email the evening before arrival!!! I can't wait!!!!!

spunky

no email for me yet
cry.gif
hopefully it'll come through tonight. might take a trip to the counter tomorrow to see what the DTW glosses are like in person but not get any.

i'll probably get funny looks for being there on launch day and not buying anything!

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i'll probably get funny looks for being there on launch day and not buying anything!

It's strange but whenever I go to a counter on a release date there is no one around.. When I went for my DtW stuff, the guy was like "it's cool you're here on the first day!" Like he's never met a serious mac addict before
greengrin.gif

blusherie

So I received my Bold & Brash on Monday, and it's amazing. It's not an everyday color for me, but I don't really have many reds. I want to try it over Cyndi l/s!

Yesterday I went to the freestanding store and randomly put on Dare to Dare over Impassioned l/s, and it was amazing! It lasted forever too! I didn't put Dare to Dare on its own on my lips, but I really liked the blue reflects....However, I'm wondering if I can talk myself out of it since I already have one l/g with teal reflects (Flurry of Fun)....

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
It's strange but whenever I go to a counter on a release date there is no one around.. When I went for my DtW stuff, the guy was like "it's cool you're here on the first day!" Like he's never met a serious mac addict before
greengrin.gif

normally when i go on launch day i haul like nobody's business so it'll be weird not doing it.

awwh! is he new?

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
Sorry you had so much trouble depotting Sassy grass I depotted it the same day I got it using the heat method(aka my stove and a frying pan) with NO problems. It depotted the same for me as all the others

Silentstorm, I tried this method today and I have to say I like it!
yes.gif
So much easier and quicker than my old way of doing it and, I can do more than one at a time. Thanks bunches!!

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am not sure if this has been posted or not, but this blog shows a swatch of Shock-a-holic and Sugarpill Poison Plum. They look nearly identical to me. I have PP and love it. It is a dream to work with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
they do look alike, but shock o holic looks nothing like MUFE #92. MUFE is more blue and cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Now what about shock in comparison to Sugarpill Cosmetic's Poison Plum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
They look pretty much identical to me.

HUGE LOL
th_LMAO.gif
Why didn't actually scroll the entire page of that link?

I subscribe to VorT too! Silly me! I'm set if I have poison plum and the texture and pigmentation are hella better!
tong.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

yes you can!!! it just can't have special packaging of any kind now, designer or not.

tell them to look in the back of their fall update books, page 95 to be exact. it specifically says YES to LE basic business (which means LE in the regular black packaging).

its in black & white (and purple) for every location to see!

THANK YOU!

And there's nothing about waiting till the collection is 2 weeks old either!? IS THERE!?

If you don't mind I'm gonna print your post and rub it in their face if they give me trouble again! Cause that was truly some bs I received on the phone before they saw me in person!

That's sorta like saying there's an apartment for rent when you think the person inquiring is white on the phone, then saying it's not when you see they're ethnic in person! (kinda, not really sorta, but you get what I'm saying)
angry.gif
girl_devil.gif
angry.gif
girl_devil.gif
angry.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
iagree.gif

You and me both!!
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Teggy

I went back to the Mac counter on lunch and tried out the glosses again. Ban This! is really cool, but I decided to skip it because I can create a similar look with items I already own. I also swatches some Bold & Brash over Chestnut lipliner and it didn't make the stuff seem any less pink. That's okay cause I have red liquid lipstick, and someone here posted earlier a video of adding red glitter to lips.