MAC demo - face chart

FacesbyNiki

Ok, I really didn't tell anyone here except Sanne but I have my MAC demo interview next Wednesday. I was told from someone who works at a local MAC store here that the trainer is gonna have me copy a facechart. I'm scared to death. LOL

For all of you who had do this for you demo, what could you tell me about it? I guess, I'm just nervious about using the wrong color and such.

Any advice you could give, I will love you forever!!!

~Niki :p

MisStarrlight

Face charts are super easy. They list each product & where to place it & the brushes used for each part. Just look at the face chart and make your model look like that. Good luck!

lightsinsorrow

Don't worry! I'm sure you'll do fine! Just make sure the application and blending is perfect. You'll be working off a chart with a picture and a list of what to use, so there won't be room for you to display your own creativity and style. They will be examining your technique and skill very closely, so focus on that. And above all else, good luck!

I have one hour to do a day-to-night look myself so my concentration is on creativity as well as technique.

FacesbyNiki

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

I thought I wasn't gonna know what to use. You guys are wonderful. Thank you so much. I feel so much better. LOL I'm always printing out the face charts and kinda copying them myself. LOL

Thanks so much guys!!!!!!!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsinsorrow
Don't worry! I'm sure you'll do fine! Just make sure the application and blending is perfect. You'll be working off a chart with a picture and a list of what to use, so there won't be room for you to display your own creativity and style. They will be examining your technique and skill very closely, so focus on that. And above all else, good luck!

I have one hour to do a day-to-night look myself so my concentration is on creativity as well as technique.

Good luck hun!!!!!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Face charts are super easy. They list each product & where to place it & the brushes used for each part. Just look at the face chart and make your model look like that. Good luck!

And thank you. I've read alot of the advice you have given and it help me with my first interview. You are a doll. :p

maxcat

If you want some practice, go to the Amuse section of the MAC website and click "view the looks" - your facechart at the demo will be laid out the same way. The face chart for the Amuse "poster girl" is there - so you can see how it corresponds.

devin

oooh Niki how exciting!! The face charts are a cinch. I would say practice on yourself, by copying the one's they have online. Make sure you only take 30 minutes and if they don't have exact colors use colors that are similar(which would be great b/c it would demonstrate your knowledge of the product). Also make sure that you talk to your model the entire time and use all the proper sanitation procedures, which are listed in the makeup artist section of this board. Good luck Niki and I know you will do well! I look forward to your next post saying you got the job!!:thumbsup:

PM me if you need help with anything else.

calbear

DItto everything Devin said above - especially the talking to your model and follow the chart exactly. I know you wanna show some creativity but they really wanna make sure you can give the customer what he/she wants ie so if a customer comes in and says she/he want 'this' look - you can give it to him/her.

FacesbyNiki

Thanks Devin and Calbear! *hugs* I do know that the facecharts are easy. I copy them all the time. My question was, would they have eveything laid out like on the website or would it just be a face and him telling me to 'go for it. LMAO

If I didn't learn anything at Clinique, it was talking to your customer during the process because those people ask alot of questions. *faints*

LOL

I'll let y'all know how it goes. :p

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
If you want some practice, go to the Amuse section of the MAC website and click "view the looks" - your facechart at the demo will be laid out the same way. The face chart for the Amuse "poster girl" is there - so you can see how it corresponds.

Thanks hun! I know all about that section of the website. :p

FacesbyNiki

Well, I found out it will be from a facechart from corporate that someone made. :scared: But the trainer is sweatheart and is really looking to see if I am trainable and know the basics at least.

I think I got this.

Thanks everyone in here. I will let you know thursday how it goes because afterwards, I'mma gonna go out for some drinks.
lol.gif

Esperanza

Evening everyone,

I'll have my demo sooner in Paris and I was looking for some more tips about it, and here there are!

And good luck with yours Niki, I'm sure everything will be quite alright
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

I had my demo yesterday. I met with the regional manager and a resident trainer. I didn't do a facechart. He told me to do a day into night look. I was nervous but did a great job. He gave me pointers and seemed really excited. So, the next step is to wait for the call.

Esperanza

Cross my finger for u Niki! I hope it'll works for you.

I'm waiting for mine since May but apparently, they are recruiting new staff because of the opening of 2 more shops in Paris. So the wait is growing longer...
ssad.gif

The woman who interviewed me in May told me that everything was ok (it was the greatest job interview I had ever!) and that they wanted me to do a demo. I keep calling them to know when it's going to happen but I always got a recorded message....

But, in the meantime, I have time to prepare myself and get advices here!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza
Cross my finger for u Niki! I hope it'll works for you.

I'm waiting for mine since May but apparently, they are recruiting new staff because of the opening of 2 more shops in Paris. So the wait is growing longer...
ssad.gif

The woman who interviewed me in May told me that everything was ok (it was the greatest job interview I had ever!) and that they wanted me to do a demo. I keep calling them to know when it's going to happen but I always got a recorded message....

But, in the meantime, I have time to prepare myself and get advices here!

Thank you!!!

Crossing my fingers for you too. Is there a way you can call the lady you interviewed with to find out when they have an idea of when it's gonna be?? Or is that who you have been calling??

Esperanza

It's the assistant of the head of the HR I've been trying to get in touch with.
She was there during the interview and it was her I had on a phone one or two times... she told me once that the training manager was in Canada so "I'll call you later".
After that, that the same manager had to give them his days for the demo...

FacesbyNiki

Another update on my interview process.

I got a call on my birthday last week to do another demo the NEXT day. I did it. I had to do a smokey eye look from the Adorn collection facechart. I'm not very good at smokey eyes.
ssad.gif
But I did my best. She critiqued everything. But all in a good way. She said they would be calling me. This is like my 5th interview because I was put into the wrong region to interview.

So wish me luck.

Latest posts