MAC Desert Sand mineral eyeshadow info?

underablanketofstars

Hi there! I purchased a sample (from a reputable site!) of MAC Desert Sand mineral eyeshadow....however I can't seem to find any reviews or tutorials or even blogs that mention it! Does anyone know about this product? I am really curious about how others use it! It's a beautiful shimmery light brown neutral colour. I'd love to hear from anyone who has it or can point me in the direction of some literature on it! :) thanks and good karma to you!

Janice

Can you share the website you purchased it from? I don't recollect a Desert Sand mineralize ES.

MACina

smiles.gif
thanks and good karma to you!
If it is a sample "Desert Sand" could be the working name
th_dunno.gif

Can you post a pic of the eyeshadow?

Maybe we can identify it then.

underablanketofstars

Of course thanks so much for trying to help. In all pics: MAC aurora pigment, MAC desert sands mineral eyeshadow, MAC chocolate brown pigment
b359d608_20140126_092915.jpeg
69db435c_20140126_092907.jpeg
450ae3be_1390757451959.jpeg
cbf737ef_1390757764168.jpeg

MACina

Thank for the pics!

So "Desert Sands" is a pigment and not a Mineralize Eyeshadow....that makes it much more difficult for me to identify it.
If it was a MES the look of it would have made it easier to assign it to a collection.

And now I know what you mean with sample! I was thinking of a totally different product.

Sorry, but I cannot help you with the pigment
ssad.gif

Are you sure that it is a MAC pigment?

gildedangel

I can't find any evidence of a product called Desert Sand by MAC after 2004. It's either pre-2004, fake MAC, or a different brand. It looks like a few mineral brands produce loose eyeshadow called Desert Sand, perhaps it's from one of those brands?

MACina

I can't find any evidence of a product called Desert Sand by MAC after 2004. It's either pre-2004, fake MAC, or a different brand. It looks like a few mineral brands produce loose eyeshadow called Desert Sand, perhaps it's from one of those brands?
Yes, after seeing that it is a pigment sample, I have a feeling too that it is from a different brand
th_dunno.gif

underablanketofstars

Thanks, the website I purchased it from now has it under "crave mineral eyeshadow", so I contacted them to find out if it was a naming error. Has anyone heard of "crave"? I have not.

underablanketofstars

Hey all, thanks for your help, mystery solved.... It's not a mac piggie it was the websites own line of pigment that was miscategorized. Beautiful but not acceptable as part of my exclusively mac collection lol

Latest posts