MAC Duo Double Extension Mascara WTH!?!

MAC_Whore

Yikes! Good catch, Birki! I can't believe anyone would have the balls to sell that as MAC.

So many, many, many things wrong with this. Starting with the obvious point that MAC has never made this product.
lol.gif
No, I take that back, they do make this, but it is 2 different products: mascara and Prep + Prime!
smiles.gif

Then a few other glaringly obvious things: The glossy box, the Times New Roman font spelling out Mascara in the middle of the box and the writing all over the product itself. Not at all in keeping with MAC aesthetics. Wow!

It looks like a L'Oreal product that has been doctored.

a914butterfly

also it says LONG CURING MASCARA like what is curing? maybe curling and the counterfiter cant even spell?? thats they ugliest fake i ever seen

caffn8me

This particular version has been seen before - just do a search on Specktra for "long curing" and you'll see what I mean. I think I know where this particular mascara is being manufactured but I'll let folks know if I get more information.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
also it says LONG CURING MASCARA like what is curing? ....

What.....like curing, as in when you pickle something in brine?
lol.gif
Not a description that makes me want to put any product on my body!
lol.gif

amy_forster

Oh My God!
WTF2.gif
I can't believe they're even trying this! Neither the mascara or the brush could be passed off as MAC even to someone who knows very little! I know I go on about MAC to my other half but even he can spot a fake like that!!!

PhreakPhantasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
It looks like a L'Oreal product that has been doctored.

Actually, I'm thinking that it's Revlon packaging, but close enough.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhreakPhantasia
Actually, I'm thinking that it's Revlon packaging, but close enough.

That is just what I was thinking, my daughter has a revlon one that looks just like it! I tell you, that is the worst fake I've ever seen.
th_remoteImage-61.gif