MAC Duo Fibre Fan Brush #184

nics1972

I read somewhere that fan brushes are a more preferred way to apply blush, highlighter etc. Can anyone tell me the technque to use the fan brush for blush/hghlighter application..
Many thanks for all your help, friends.

- Nicole

thelove4tequila

Hmmmm...I wouldn't use the fan brush to apply blush because I wouldn't get the control I would like, but I would use it for a highlighting tool. I don't own one, but I would get some product on it and use a patting motion.

jilliandanica

I actually have been dying to get the 184 for like ever but it's been sold out at my pro store for quite some time. I think it would be great for blush. A quick sweep across the apples, especially when wanting to use super pigmented blushes like the PRO colors.

me_jelly

I personally don't like using fan brushes for blush - I feel that it just doesn't give enough control and precision for where I want my blush to go. Usually you want a very transluscent dusting of color on your cheeks.

I'd porbably use it more for hightlighting, especially with loose highlighters. Lightly dip the tips of the brush into the powder, tap off the excess, and apply in the desired area with light, feather-like sweeping strokes