MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hey Guys, the compact shown in that pic should be from the big summer collection, which I assume is this one:

Vibe Tribe

Lipstick
Arrowhead - Bare Nude (Matte)
Hot Chocolate
Tanarama
Pure Vanity
Painted Sunset - Bright Orange Red (Amplified)

Patentpolish
Caravamp - Reddish Orange
Tumbleweed - Soft Nude
Desert Evening - Clear w/ Soft Pearl
Teen Dream - Bright Pinkish Coral Matte
Rio Grande Romance (online exclusive)

Eyes x4 Palette
Vibe Tribe
Wild Horses

Powder Blush
Modern Mandarin
Adobe Brick - Burnt Red (Satin)
Painted Canyon - Midtone Coral (Satin)

CCB
Yellow Topaz - Light Golden Champagne

Technakohl e/l
Snowed In - Light Peach Offwhite
Take The Plunge- Deep Ocean Blue
Broque - Deep Brown

Gleamstones Powder
Dunes At Dusk - multicolor

Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder
Golden Rinse
Delphic

Bonzing Powder
Refinded Golden
Matte Bronze
Firebrush -Reddish Bronze w/ Golden Sparkle (Online Exclusive)

Brushes
228/226 Double Ended Brush
127 Split Fibre Face Brush
125 Split Fibre Dense Face Brush

Nail Laquer
Blazing Hot - Bright Orange (Creme)
Skin

Makeup Bag A
Makeup Bag B

verorl

I want that powder compact and so many things from this collection!!!!!

better start saving $$!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I want that powder compact and so many things from this collection!!!!!

better start saving $$!

I'll probably get the compact as well, and the two new blushes and Arrowhead are a maybe. The CCB sounds pretty too.

hitchcockblonde

Hey Guys, the compact shown in that pic should be from the big summer collection, which I assume is this one:

Vibe Tribe

Lipstick
Hot Chocolate
Tanarama
Pure Vanity

Patentpolish
Tumbleweed - Soft Nude

Eyes x4 Palette
Vibe Tribe
Wild Horses

Powder Blush
Modern Mandarin

CCB

Technakohl e/l
Broque - Deep Brown

Gleamstones Powder

Golden Rinse
Delphic

Bonzing Powder
Refinded Golden
Matte Bronze

Brushes

Nail Laquer
Skin

Makeup Bag A
Makeup Bag B

Thanks for posting Nay. I'm interested in finally getting to try Hot Chocolate but honestly the faux tribal packaging makes me uncomfortable. There's a reason cultural appropriation has become a bigger discussion in the past couple years.

Last edited:

Honi

Yeah Ive already saved some money for the summer collection, some lipsticks, that powder compact thing and maybe a blush!

B

Buffy89

Thanks for posting Nay. I'm interested in finally getting to try Hot Chocolate but honestly the faux tribal packaging makes me uncomfortable. There's a reason cultural appropriation has become a bigger discussion in the past couple years.

That's what came to my mind, too. I'm still interested in some items because of the product /shade, but I also feel uncomfortable because of the packaging.

ginestra213

Oh wow, I've been yearning for Hot Chocolate for so long. Thrilled to hear it's coming back. Looking forward to hauling from the summer collection, what's been coming out this year hasn't been much my style. My wallet's been happy, because so far this year I've only bought the mirror from Charlotte Olympia :)

fur4elise

^^^^^The collection sounds fun. As to the packaging I will reserve judgment until we get better images. The thing is the design & coloring could be completely original & derived from multiple sources of inspiration without it being inappropriate or offending.

DMcG9

It's the first thing that came to my mind too. The motifs are beautiful and I am sure most of us appreciate and admire them but should they really be appropriated to sell makeup? I don't think so -- there is a lot of meaning to Native American/First Nation/Aboriginal history and lore embedded in the patterns.
The collection name is a bit problematic and the two products "Arrowhead" and "Vibe Tribe" are going to stir up some issues. MAC should know better after the Rodarte disaster.

xochtl

It's the first thing that came to my mind too. The motifs are beautiful and I am sure most of us appreciate and admire them but should they really be appropriated to sell makeup? I don't think so -- there is a lot of meaning to Native American/First Nation/Aboriginal history and lore embedded in the patterns.
The collection name is a bit problematic and the two products "Arrowhead" and "Vibe Tribe" are going to stir up some issues. MAC should know better after the Rodarte disaster.

yeah, I'm very surprised at the name of this collection.

fur4elise

yeah, I'm very surprised at the name of this collection.

I am not. Style Warriors...

The Rodatre fiasco was a completely different issue.

Designs, motifs, symbols abound everywhere. I would believe MAC would do their due diligence before thoughtlessly & carelessly appropriating from any culture. If anything they have the brand power to bring about positive cultural awareness. I think it best to reserve judgement and not jump to conclusions until we get the full details of the release.

NaomiH

Vibe Tribe

Lipstick
Hot Chocolate
Tanarama
Pure Vanity

Patentpolish
Tumbleweed - Soft Nude

Eyes x4 Palette
Vibe Tribe
Wild Horses

Powder Blush
Modern Mandarin

CCB

Technakohl e/l
Broque - Deep Brown

Gleamstones Powder

Golden Rinse
Delphic

Bonzing Powder
Refinded Golden
Matte Bronze

Brushes

Nail Laquer
Skin

Makeup Bag A
Makeup Bag B

Thanks Nadine! I'm quite excited for the return of Hot Chocolate!

bluelitzer

Oooh I am definitely getting Arrowhead - bare nude (matte) along with HC. I always ADORE summer collection x4 palettes so depending on what e/s is inside, I'm picking up one or both of the palettes. Red/reddish blushes never really look good on me so I'm not looking at them right now. The multicolored compact is a maybe, if it's not sparkly.

fur4elise

Translated: New from Mac Tribe vibe with inspiration from earth, fire and water.

^^^^^Some clarification! ;)

I love the Southwest! I spent a good amount of time there on scholarship to study ancient thru contemporary Native/American Indian arts, culture & history. I promise I will/would be the first to scream foul if MAC does anything offending.

YarahFlower

This collection is a skip for me. I'm so insulted. Gives me the same bad taste in my mouth i get when I see people dress up as my people for Halloween. Every symbol, every bead, every color represents something very spiritual and precious to us. This collection is bull----