MAC Early Buzz: News for Upcoming Collections in 2019

Monsy

Yeah, i asked them and they pretty much just blew me off and said something completely non related. The MAC Instagram account just says to call your closest MAC counter, but I don't want to buy it at a counter, I want to buy it online.
same experience. I might have a friend bring one for me from London

Howards End

I B2MAC for Greystone, one of the new formula eyeshadows. It kinda reminds me of Nehru but I don’t have Nehru to compare it. The new formula is close to Matte squared which is a good thing! I swatched Darkroom which had a totally different formula (reminded me of MAC Cloudburst —one of the original MAC e/s)

I’m not about to bother buying reformulated Carbon, that still needs to go lol. Bring back Typographic MAC! But I’m happy with Greystone , I will probably back it up if it’s LE

Monsy

I B2MAC for Greystone, one of the new formula eyeshadows. It kinda reminds me of Nehru but I don’t have Nehru to compare it. The new formula is close to Matte squared which is a good thing! I swatched Darkroom which had a totally different formula (reminded me of MAC Cloudburst —one of the original MAC e/s)

I’m not about to bother buying reformulated Carbon, that still needs to go lol. Bring back Typographic MAC! But I’m happy with Greystone , I will probably back it up if it’s LE
I was trying to find new shades online but no success ? just some purples, and greys.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I was trying to find new shades online but no success ? just some purples, and greys.

#humblebrag, Greystone, Power to the Purple, Triennial Wave, and Darkroom are new ones, available in pot and pan forms. I think Cherry Topped, In the Shadows, New Crop, Passionate, and Shock Factor are all new, too? They're all on MAC's site with the other eyeshadows.

Icecaramellatte

They've only released like 5 of them so far, there's supposed to be more than 30.
I've been trying to figure out what Is going on. I've seen that display and have been trying to figure out if those are part of the 30. I guess they are slowly releasing them. Maybe they are trying to help us. Maybe they realize it will be too hard on our wallets to release 30 shadows at once. Aren't they all limited edition? I can't recall. I guess I'll get to buying. I think I should get pans. I was leaning towards the grey and one of the purples to start.

Miss Dynamite

I've been trying to figure out what Is going on. I've seen that display and have been trying to figure out if those are part of the 30. I guess they are slowly releasing them. Maybe they are trying to help us. Maybe they realize it will be too hard on our wallets to release 30 shadows at once. Aren't they all limited edition? I can't recall. I guess I'll get to buying. I think I should get pans. I was leaning towards the grey and one of the purples to start.

They are permanent and also availablein pro pans on the MAC site.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I've been searching IG trying to find info on whatever collection comes out after the holiday one, and I'm not sure but could those compacts be new? Or are those from a previous collection that I'm totally blanking on right now?

I also keep seeing these stickers that seem to be collection themed. I see Starring You, those upcoming Patent Paints and something I can't make out but it kinda looks like a pattern that could be similar to that pink compact packaging. Someone tell me I'm not going crazy. :D

I've looked at so many pics I don't remember the source of this.

edit: OK, I found more:

I think it's duo blush, an EDSF (maybe two?), an e/s palette, four glosses and four l/s.

Last edited:

Miss Dynamite

I've been searching IG trying to find info on whatever collection comes out after the holiday one, and I'm not sure but could those compacts be new? Or are those from a previous collection that I'm totally blanking on right now?

View attachment 66755

I also keep seeing these stickers that seem to be collection themed. I see Starring You, those upcoming Patent Paints and something I can't make out but it kinda looks like a pattern that could be similar to that pink compact packaging. Someone tell me I'm not going crazy. :D

View attachment 66756

I've looked at so many pics I don't remember the source of this.

edit: OK, I found more:

View attachment 66757

I think it's duo blush, an EDSF (maybe two?), an e/s palette, four glosses and four l/s.
No idea but it looks really cute, I need anything that is in pink packaging. I also like 3 of those lipglasses, definitely new. I wish MAC would release more of the x9 palettes, colorful ones with lavenders and magentas, etc.

Monsy

I've heard from a mac artist that used them during fashion shows that they are really good

Latest posts