MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

Mac-Guy

I'm with you! It's unfair that we can only vote for one product in each category. I would like to vote for CYY and Moxie and none of the lipglasses or eyeshadows, but i can't.

Voting for one product only keeps it fair and square. They probably know that people would vote like crazy if more than one vote is allowed. After all, we are used to refreshing websites for hours (days!) for MAC releases. LOL.

Mac-Guy

Pro workshop announcement:

CHARACTER CREATION
WITH SNL'S LOUIE ZAKARIAN!
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Emmy award-winning Artist Louie Zakarian has been the makeup and special effects designer for Saturday Night Live for over 16 years. His company, Zakarian Makeup FX, has created looks for numerous television, motion picture and Broadway productions, including Across the Universe, Dance of the Vampire, Enchanted and Dogma. A visionary, Louie discusses and demonstrates the creative process of character transformation, from concept to the final result.

PRO NYC
Thursday, March 22nd - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
7 WEST 22ND STREET 2ND FL.

PRO ROBERTSON LOS ANGELES
Sunday, March 25th - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm

PRO ARMITAGE CHICAGO
Tuesday, March 27th - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
910 WEST ARMITAGE

PRO QUEEN ST. TORONTO
Thursday, March 29th - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm

Call host location directly to book
Fee for class is $100 fully redeemable in product
Please include your PRO number when you RSVP

RSVP is mandatory to attend this event. Space is limited. No guests allowed.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis.

Mac-Guy

Pro workshop announcement:

CHARACTER CREATION
WITH SNL'S LOUIE ZAKARIAN!
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Emmy award-winning Artist Louie Zakarian has been the makeup and special effects designer for Saturday Night Live for over 16 years. His company, Zakarian Makeup FX, has created looks for numerous television, motion picture and Broadway productions, including Across the Universe, Dance of the Vampire, Enchanted and Dogma. A visionary, Louie discusses and demonstrates the creative process of character transformation, from concept to the final result.

PRO NYC
Thursday, March 22nd - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
7 WEST 22ND STREET 2ND FL.

PRO ROBERTSON LOS ANGELES
Sunday, March 25th - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm

PRO ARMITAGE CHICAGO
Tuesday, March 27th - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
910 WEST ARMITAGE

PRO QUEEN ST. TORONTO
Thursday, March 29th - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm

Call host location directly to book
Fee for class is $100 fully redeemable in product
Please include your PRO number when you RSVP

RSVP is mandatory to attend this event. Space is limited. No guests allowed.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis.

Pinkdollface

Voting for one product only keeps it fair and square. They probably know that people would vote like crazy if more than one vote is allowed. After all, we are used to refreshing websites for hours (days!) for MAC releases. LOL.

I do not mean more vote's for one product, but more vote's per category. You can't vote for two different lipsticks, only one lipstick one lipglass and one eyeshadow. I agree that it is fair that we can only vote once for the same product.

Mac-Guy

I do not mean more vote's for one product, but more vote's per category. You can't vote for two different lipsticks, only one lipstick one lipglass and one eyeshadow. I agree that it is fair that we can only vote once for the same product.

Got you!

Indieprincess

CYY and CoC get my vote. I need CYY in my life. It's all I need to be completely set on matte pinks since I have QS and FoL. I must have them and even though I like CYY's chances, I can't help but think that CoC will get beat out for one of those nudes, I have nothing to base that on, it's just a feeling I have. I hope MAC stocks plenty of whatever gets voted in because it will be nothing nice trying to snag items so highly sought after.

NessaMBaby

CYY and CoC get my vote. I need CYY in my life. It's all I need to be completely set on matte pinks since I have QS and FoL. I must have them and even though I like CYY's chances, I can't help but think that CoC will get beat out for one of those nudes, I have nothing to base that on, it's just a feeling I have. I hope MAC stocks plenty of whatever gets voted in because it will be nothing nice trying to snag items so highly sought after.
I I know,I so need it too. I missed out last yr I was on strict bed rest,and although my bf was nice enough to pick up some of the items I wanted,It was sold out already. :(

rockin

Vampy Varnish has stated:

Voting will be from March 12th-30th and then will be available in North America in August and internationally in the fall.

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2012/03/mac-request/

xasperadastra

Voting will be from March 12th-30th and then will be available in North America in August and internationally in the fall.

if it will be international and NOT online only it will arrive also in Italy ^^^

Alisha1

Yay that's great news, but why do we have to wait till autumn *ungrateful* LOL

Shadowy Lady

Guys I think Lollipop Lovin was repromoted once after the original Heatherette release (I've got the Heatherette version)....maybe that's why they won't repromote it. I personally prefer the older products on the list as the new ones will prob get repromoted in like a year, lol!

From this list, I have Cult of Cherry, Icecapade, Mothbrown, Solar White, Cool Heat and 3N. I def recommend:
- 3N - perfect nude pink
- Cult of Cherry - ace red lipgloss
- Solar White has awesome colour payoff and for the first year I had it, I used it everyday (Vanilla p/m is similar)

The ones I think are hyped or just OK:
- Cool Heat e/s I hate with passion, at least the one I have from that release is chalky and hard as hell
- Icecapade is nice but not as great as Snowscene (I think Snowscene may have come out a year earlier....can't remember)
- Mothbrown in overrated, it's not under performing or anything but not as smooth as some of the other older MAC eyeshadows. I've got the Barbie release (2007?) version.

I'm interested in Rocker l/s, Bait l/g and Guacomole e/s....so those will get my vote :) still was hoping they would repromote beauty powder blushes :(

peachsuns

Thank you, OctoberViolet!
Could anyone vote for Moxie, Cult of Cherry, and Solar White for me? I'm so behind. I don't have Facebook.
tong.gif

sss215

From the very limited swatches on the web, I would like to see Rocker back, so it has my vote. Guacamole looks so pretty too. As far as Candy Yum Yum... I am a little annoyed its even being considered. Between Mac and other companies like OCC, Lime Crime, Magnolia Makeup and MUFE there seems like there are plenty of bright lippie's to go around. Ugh it's getting boring...

Mac-Guy

As far as Candy Yum Yum... I am a little annoyed its even being considered. Between Mac and other companies like OCC, Lime Crime, Magnolia Makeup and MUFE there seems like there are plenty of bright lippie's to go around. Ugh it's getting boring...

Exactly, it was just around 5 sec ago. This is a chance to bring back old shades. Let's go for it!

Wandalemur

I love 3N, I'll be happy to get another one of those. Moxie and Rocker look good too. And for the eye shadows Jete` looks good.