mac employment requirements?

ashleydawn

ok hopefully this isn't already a thread i did a search and didn't find anything...
i'm wondering if you are required to be certified specifically in makeup to work for mac... i'm a licensed cosmetologist but didn't really get much of a makeup training in school (just a short skimming of the chapter in the book lol) mostly focused on hair. do you think i would be able to get hired with that background?

mslips

No, you dont need a license, but since you do have one that helps. You do need experience and def sales experience.

ashleydawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslips
No, you dont need a license, but since you do have one that helps. You do need experience and def sales experience.

thanks! i have sales experience, i actually worked in retail for 2-3 years and have management experience as well so that's definitely not gonna be a problem lol. what do they look for as far as experience? i mean, i do my own makeup and my friends' sometimes but i don't really have any professional makeup experience.

mslips

Oh, well you can try and see what happens. Usually you do need professional experience. I would bring a portfolio to show the work you have done on people. Good luck!

Latest posts