mac essentials

i am a newbie to mac, so i want to hear from all you lovely mac junkies and general makeup junkies of what is a "mac" essential? eyeshadow shades, fix +, whatever you like.

i dont use mac foundations because they tend to break me out (i used select cover up in nc45 for a little bit, its a concealer but i am staying away from their foundation products)

so yeah, i wanna know! thank you!

mac_haul.gif
th_dunno.gif

nursie

i love bare study and painterly paint pots to use as a base for my eyeshadow.

the e/s definately, i have so many shades it's hard to pick a favorite because my favorite is changing from day to day....solar white is soon to be out again i think and it's definately perfect.

and i love mac lipsticks, i grab up any and all pinky peach nude shades...hue comes to mind as being my current favorite.

and bare slimshine, perfection!

HustleRose

vanilla pigment. it's amazing and it's multi-purpose.
ditto on bare slimshine. i just picked this up last week and it's love. <3
cream cup or speed dial are great neutral pink lipsticks. i love the creamsheen formula.
239 eyeshadow brush
129 blush brush
pink swoon blush if you like pinks
sunbasque blush - amazing coppery gold bronzer (but not too heavy)

as for eye shadows - i'm big into brights so if you are i'd suggest freshwater, electric eel, steamy (my favorite green ever!!), and a great purple-pink like parfait amour.

oh and carbon eyeshadow all the way. imo the key to a great smokey eye.

Jade M

'Shell' CCB
'Viva Glam V' 'Syrup' 'Pink Plaid' Lipsticks
'Love Nectar' Lustre Glass
'Sublime Culture' Cremestick
'Dervish' Lip Pencil
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
Plush Lash Mascara
Paint Pots - especially 'Bare Study' 'Blackground' and 'Constructivist'
'Smoulder' Eye Kohl
'Satin Taupe' 'Carbon' 'Black Tied' 'White Frost' 'All That Glitters' 'Shroom' 'Pfloof!' 'Steamy' eye shadows
'Dainty' Mineralize Blush

alka1

Although I love MSFs, blushes like Peaches and Sunbasque, Strobe liquid, etc.. I have to say that my main essentials are the brushes. I could not live without my 187, 182, 138 (among others!)
smiles.gif

cipelica

Painterly paint pot
187 Brush
Zoom lash mascara
Blushbaby blush (goes on every skin tone)
Blot powder
Lipstick (Russian Red, Creme D Nude)
Carbon eye shadow
Vanilla pigment
Select Moisturecover concealer