MAC eye kohls

lizard260

I'm curious to know which colors the experts here think are too similar to be worth purchasing both kohls (I just bought Blue Yonder and Resort and I'm wondering if they are very similar to existing colors like Hyacinth and Prunella?) What about colors like Buttery and Dig It! ? I ask because the color swatches online for virtually all MAC products are absolute crap. If two colors look very similar, please let me know which color you prefer and why. Thanks.

user2

I dont know any similarity but I think Phone Number is worth getting! Its not as black as Smolder but it can give you the gorgeous smokey eyes look once you applied it! I also adore Rosemary & Thyme and I found no color like it!

mac_obsession

Lets see, I have
Buttery
Ebony
Foxy Lady
Fresh Cream
Heirloom
Hot Poppy
Ms. Petunia
Hyancith
Icon Eyes
Ivy
Ms. Petunia
Ola Voila!
Prunella
Rosemary & Thyme
Smolder
Teddy
Tin Tin

I can give you descriptions on any of those. In my opinion, ebony and smolder are identical, cant see any difference.
I really dont think any of the others are similar, they all have a bit or extreme of difference.
Ie. Fresh Cream vs Gilded white - both kinda ivory, but Fresh Cream is matte, while gilded white is satin(shimmery).

Power Points I have
Bountiful Brown
Buried Treasure
Gilded White
Handforged
Industry
Light As Air
Lilacky
Permaplum
Prussian
Sagegrass
So There Jade
Tealo

I prefer the power points as they're water proof, but my favs of all are foxy lady & hot poppy kohls ... Gorgeous colors!!

lizard260

So I went to the mall today to gather a sampling...
330320.jpeg

On my skin, I feel that prunella and teddy are very similar, as are icon eyes and blooz, and ivy and so there jade were also relatively similar. They didn't have Blue Yonder
ssad.gif
so I couldn't compare it with hyacinth.

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard260
So I went to the mall today to gather a sampling...
330320.jpeg

On my skin, I feel that prunella and teddy are very similar, as are icon eyes and blooz, and ivy and so there jade were also relatively similar. They didn't have Blue Yonder
ssad.gif
so I couldn't compare it with hyacinth.

Wow are we lookin at the same colors? IMHO they look nothing alike..I especially cant see the similarities in that picture.

now shadesticks and powerpoints/kohls there are some similarities...Also textures, and all..

lizard260

No...you're right. They aren't identical. I, unfortunately, just can't afford them all, so I'm trying to find ones that are similar and pick the one better suited to my collection. I just think that they are in the same family basically.
Thank you to everyone for your feedback.

mac_obsession

go for ebay hon...You can get brand new ones for like $6-10...
Thats where I got 90% of my kohls, alll of em new, and I just make sure I sanitize and sharpen them before using em...just in case :p