MAC Eye Pencils....

Stephie Baby

Can anyone tell me the difference between the eye liner pencils at MAC? Theres like 4 different kinds on the website and I'm not really getting the differences. I know one is waterproof. TIA!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Eye Pencils - Regular standard sharpenable eye pencils. The original formula. Not for use on the waterline.

Powerpoint Pencils - Waterproof sharpenable eye pencils. Longwearing formula. Not for use on the waterline.

Eye Kohl Pencils - Smudgeable sharpenable eye pencils. Creamy formula, meant for a "smokey look". Intended for and safe for use on the waterline.

Technakohl Pencils - Mechanical eye pencils. Creamy, as well as longwearing. Can be used on the waterline.

Those are the permanent eye pencils. Be aware that every once and a while, MAC does release limited edition pencils, in the four normal formulas, as well as new ones.

erine1881

it describes each one online.

eye kohl-soft, smooth, waterline safe.

technakohl-soft, intense color, long-wearing, smudge-resistent, waterline safe.

powerpoint-super soft, waterproof, longwearing.

eye pencil-smooth, low irritancy.

Stephie Baby

I'm trying to figure out which one would be best for my lower waterline. An MA put Fascinating on my waterline and it was awesome. The only problem was that it ran down onto my lashes. Is there any other type of white or really light color that won't run?

Is Fluidline waterline safe?? Some people say yes and some say no.

TDoll

You've got some great explanations!!

Powerpoints are my favorite. They really stay put. I know I'm bad, but I've always used them on my waterline...shame on me.
001_unsure.gif

xxsgtigressxx

I dunno if fluidline is technically waterline safe... i doubt it is but I dont care I use it there anyways. it lasts so long and its so smooth going on
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
I'm trying to figure out which one would be best for my lower waterline. An MA put Fascinating on my waterline and it was awesome. The only problem was that it ran down onto my lashes. Is there any other type of white or really light color that won't run?

Is Fluidline waterline safe?? Some people say yes and some say no.

no they aren't. only eye kohl and technakohl are waterline safe. if they don't work for you, try another brand. there's alot of stuff that's not approved that us artists do, but not at the counter. what we do on our own we do at our own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
You've got some great explanations!!

Powerpoints are my favorite. They really stay put. I know I'm bad, but I've always used them on my waterline...shame on me.
001_unsure.gif

yes, shame on you!
nonono.gif

aimee

uh oh ok normally i use smolder (eye khol) on my waterline or engraved (powerpoint) ...engraved lasts longer and smolder is softer but none of them irritates my eyes so im lucky
smiles.gif

i tried the technakohl liner in graphblack on my waterline but no color shows up am i doing something wrong? (i thought its because theyre waterproof but powerpoints are too and no problems to get them to show up on my waterline) *weird*

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee
uh oh ok normally i use smolder (eye khol) on my waterline or engraved (powerpoint) ...engraved lasts longer and smolder is softer but none of them irritates my eyes so im lucky
smiles.gif

i tried the technakohl liner in graphblack on my waterline but no color shows up am i doing something wrong? (i thought its because theyre waterproof but powerpoints are too and no problems to get them to show up on my waterline) *weird*

technakohls aren't waterproof. it might just be that your waterline doesn't like em.
th_dunno.gif

aimee

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
technakohls aren't waterproof. it might just be that your waterline doesn't like em.
th_dunno.gif

oops ok not waterproof haha i think im mixing things up thank you erine i guess youre right my waterline doesnt like them haha