MAC Eyelash curler???

likeomgsteffduh

Yesterday I went to the MAC counter and I bought an eyelash curler (my Sephora one broke!)

the insert that comes with the eyelash curler says to keep it in the original packaging when you carry it around, but I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas of what I can carry my eyelash curler in instead of using the bulky box.

also, the insert says that once both the paddings are worn, then that is the end of the eyelash curlers lifespan.

....I didn't know eyelash curlers had lifespans!!!!!!!!1:confused:

addicted_2color

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeomgsteffduh
also, the insert says that once both the paddings are worn, then that is the end of the eyelash curlers lifespan.

....I didn't know eyelash curlers had lifespans!!!!!!!!1:confused:

yeah i bought a new Shu Uemura one and read the insert and couldn't believe that either. i knew you had to change the pads, but didn't realize curlers had lifespans, lol.

as for where to store it, i dont store it in any special place...just w/ all my other make up in the bag. i guess my suggestion would be to fold th box flat and just when you travel, put it in the box. i know you didnt want the bulky box....or maybe an old eyeglass case?!? sorry i'm just throwing out suggestions.

likeomgsteffduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
How do you like the curler? Does it work really good?

its pretty much the best eyelah curler I've ever bought.
i friggin love it.

smiles.gif

Pushpa

in all honesty since the insert is made of rubber you probably never have to replace it once you keep it in a dry place (not your bathroom) and it should last pretty much forever so i wouldn't worry to much about the idea of a lifespan

lara

The rubber pads can be revived to a certain extent - if they're flattened (but not split) and you're not getting as good of a curl as you used to, take it out of the slot and roll it around in your fingers for a minute or two. While you're at it, take advantage of it being out and give it a good wash to get rid of any nasties that might have missed prior cleanings.
Once the pad 'plumps up' a little and goes back to its regular cushioned shape, pop it back in the curler. Voilà! Good for another couple of months.

The reason they advise you to store it in the box is to prevent any weight being placed on the curler and warping the arms - if it goes out of alignment, the curl you get might be very uneven, non-existant or you could even damage your eyelids. It also helps to prevent rust and scum building up on the moving joints.

AFAIK most companies don't sell replacement pads, but you should be able to buy generic replacement pads from the chemist or a beauty supply store. Just trim them to size and they should work reasonably well.
smiles.gif

HTH!

princess

IMO eyelash curlers dont have a lifespan, they can pretty much last forever if you take care of them, but the paddings do need replacing after some time since it will get worn out. If you have a Shiseido counter near you, they do sell replacement pads in a pack of 2. Just ask them for it.
smiles.gif